Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

suspension lift and a body lift???

Old 11-04-2013, 02:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still rubbing

I'm running 4" lift with 1.5 wheel spacers and i'm still rubbing frame a bit with my 37's but not terrible, im putting smittybuilt flares to avoid contact. I
Old 11-04-2013, 06:27 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz

you were no help here at all. its crazy how many people just recommend what they have or have read. What they plan on doing and how they wheel it are a big part. That and he seems to want that lift height. I see no reason why you cant have 4 to 5" lift on only 35s. Hell on mine i couldnt run anything less due to my shock length. Maybe he wants to baja and needs more uptravel. Maybe he dont offroad it, or doesnt want flat fenders...Theres a lot of variables and anytime someone asks they get the typical o hey you want to run 52s?
Invest2m4's advice was good for most people. It is true that what they are going to do should drive the mods. But, a good starting place is tire size. The mistake is to select lift size for no particular reason--because 4" is taller than 2.5", so it must be better, and I can afford that (cheap and incomplete) lift. Where is the sense in that?

As for those of you running tall lifts and OEM driveshafts: There are tall lift kits for those who don't wheel. They will last a long time if you don't wheel. That is who those kits are made for. If you wheel, the stock Rzeppa joints cannot work for long. The more you wheel ... the harder you wheel ... the sooner they will fail. Even at 2.5" of lift, my front DS finally gave out at about 110K miles. But I wheel hard and lots. Another friend lost his rear DS after about 150 miles on his 5.5" lifted two door. Another lost his front on his four door at about 15K miles. Both are hard wheelers.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
you were no help here at all. its crazy how many people just recommend what they have or have read. What they plan on doing and how they wheel it are a big part. That and he seems to want that lift height. I see no reason why you cant have 4 to 5" lift on only 35s. Hell on mine i couldnt run anything less due to my shock length. Maybe he wants to baja and needs more uptravel. Maybe he dont offroad it, or doesnt want flat fenders...Theres a lot of variables and anytime someone asks they get the typical o hey you want to run 52s?

Thanks for the input dude. I will be doing some off roading mostly trails and sometimes going mudding but, nothing too crazy. i want it took look badass and perform badass on and off road. Oh yeah and I take it to the beach quite often and enjoy ripping donuts in the ocean at night after a few drinks.

Quick Reply: suspension lift and a body lift???