Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

suspension lift advice

Old 01-30-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension lift advice

Hey everyone, new to the forum and was hoping for some good advice. I am searching for a lift for my '08 2 door Sahara, there are literally just too many to choose from. It is my daily driver, but I will also be doing some offroading. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this rough country setup: http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_4.html . Any help is very much appreciated!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running that lift on my 4 door with no problems. The 2 door will eventually need new driveshafts. It is not very hard to install. Be sure to get the forum discount.

Last edited by Jusaplaya; 01-30-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jusaplaya
I am running that lift on my 4 door with no problems. The 2 door will eventually need new driveshafts. It is not very hard to install. Be sure to get the forum discount.
Did you have to purchase anything else in order to run this on your rig? Reason I ask is that I am in the same boat as the original poster except I am going to be getting a 4 door rubi and want a 4" lift that gives me the best bang for my buck. But I am curious as to what else I would in order to run this set up.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

I've had it on for a couple days and everything seems pretty good, but I'm a little unhappy with the cam bolts on the bottom track bars. Just cant get them to stay tight. I just ordered rustys adjustable track bars and adjustable steering track bar.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wizeguy
I've had it on for a couple days and everything seems pretty good, but I'm a little unhappy with the cam bolts on the bottom track bars. Just cant get them to stay tight. I just ordered rustys adjustable track bars and adjustable steering track bar.

X2, I am running the RC 4" lift. Very happy with it and did the install by myself. Went ahead and picked up the Rustys' lower front adjustable control arms and the RC dual front stabilizer. My 2 door drives much better now.

Quick Reply: suspension lift advice