Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension Lift "Actual Height Gain" database

Old 03-10-2009, 03:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Teraflex 2.5" coil lift on a 08 rubicon unlimited hardtop. ARB bumper up front and LOD Side rails. Netted 3 1/4" in front and 2" in back (not including spacers I added).
Old 03-10-2009, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a TF 2.5" BB and was thinking about changing to either 2.5" TF coils or 3" coils was wondering how much of a difference the 2.5 buget boost is to the 2.5 coils... and what do I need to do if I end up goin with the 3" coils?
Old 03-10-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Superlift, netted 5 1/4 in frtont and 4 3/4 in rear. After it settled 5 in frt and 4 in rear. Altough I do have a fairly light frt bumber, Fabtech pre-runner, and I carry a sh1t load of tools in the rear plus a heavy ass 35 on a steel wheel. Added a 1 3/4 in spacer to the rear to even out for the weight I carry. I do have a slight rake now although not as much as factory. I think the amount of lift you'll ultimately achieve is gonna be based on what after market bumpers, tire carriers , winch and such that you'll be running. I know that the 4in Super lift dwarfs most of the other lifts on initial installation, except for the Teraflex which seems to net the same amount of lift. After settling with heavy aftermarket goodies , I dunno.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:37 PM
JK Freak

i have zone offroad 3" and net 3" if not a bit less...( but i only paid 135 for) stout kit though and soft ride but i'm very close to switching the coils out with teraflex 3: coils then i'll be satidfied
Old 03-11-2009, 03:02 AM
JK Super Freak

If you measure from the middle of the axle (center of the wheel hub) to the bottom of the stock fender, it will obviate the tire size and provide a standard way for all to measure. Otherwise we could just be comparing apples to oranges.

Can anyone tell me this distance on a stock Rubi 4 door?

It would be great to have this collated with the thread mentioned above that catalogs lifts and tires by pictures.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bump for update. Zipped excel file attached.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Noot... Great Idea

Originally Posted by noot
The DB has started. Submit your ACTUAL HEIGHT GAINED from your lift. Include the following info:

-Lift brand/model
-Actual height gained (front and rear), measure it properly please!
-Applicable jeep specs (2dr/4dr, hard/soft top, bumpers, spare tire, cargo, etc).

Attached is a zip file (can't attach XLS files) containing an Excel spreadsheet. You may sort/rearrange the data however you'd like. It's currently sorted by advertised lift, then actual lift.
Hi Noot,

Great idea!

It might help to state in the thread the proper measurement criteria. That way everyone will know without searching elsewhere.

I'll be adding my information to the database soon.

Thanks

Jeff
Old 03-12-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Super Freak

I was going to recomend measuring from the center of the axle... beat me to it. I have a rusty's lift and am measuring 23.25 in the front and 24.25 in the back. That's from center axle to lowest part of stock flare.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dracattack
I have a TF 2.5" BB and was thinking about changing to either 2.5" TF coils or 3" coils was wondering how much of a difference the 2.5 buget boost is to the 2.5 coils... and what do I need to do if I end up goin with the 3" coils?
The 2.5" coils lift a 4dr 3.1" in the front. 3" coils will lift a 4dr 4.25". Expect and extra .5"+ if a 2 dr.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great idea! I'll be keeping track of this for when I want to buy my lift.

Quick Reply: Suspension Lift "Actual Height Gain" database