Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension lift

Old 05-14-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension lift

Question for y'all! This past Wednesday, I put some 285/70/17 Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar on my 17" ProComp 17"x9" wheels. I want to lift My 2011 Jeep Wrangler JK 2" and I am wondering if I should have to extend my drive shaft to compensate for the 2" rise. I would also like some ideas from y'all on a good lift kit without spending a fortune. I am a newbee here and look forward to posting alot and would appreciate any input y'all have. I am glad I at least got a few inches higher with just the tires....I live in south Louisiana and waiting on the flood waters to come down my way, so I may need that couple of inches.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

You won't need new drive shafts for a 2" lift.

A 2.5" Teraflex BB sounds like what your looking for.

Here's a thread that will answer most of your questions.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ery-Newbie-Has

Last edited by Abacabb; 05-14-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

That was what I was looking at this afternoon. I may look into a spring lift if I can talk the wife into it...lol
Old 05-14-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know why by Rough Country seems to get very little in recommendations. I put a 2.5" RC spacer lift on mine. Then I found the coils with shocks at a bargain. Both worked well. I just like not having the spacers. I installed both on mine with relative ease, then put the spacer lift in my friend's jk. Now he likes it, too. Price tends to be among the best and their customer service has thus far been excellent. I also got the dual steering stabilizer and quick disconnects from them.

Quick Reply: Suspension lift