Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension Kits

Old 02-18-2010, 06:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by willypapooh
how about you just save your money and buy my old, full traction kit since im putting on the 3.5 rock krawler triple threat with 37. no but really dont skimp out with a BB. and stay away from full traction!!!!
Have you installed the "new and improved" bushings they released last August/September?
Old 02-18-2010, 06:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spinlock
Have you installed the "new and improved" bushings they released last August/September?

i havent heard they have new bushings, but i have the rock krawler triple threat going on it in the next couple of months
Old 02-18-2010, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the Feeback! So from what I hear stay away from FT and either go with the start up TF Coil kits or just do it right with the RE 3.5 Full Flex Kit. My only concern with RE is that now I have to replace the drive shafts & re-gear which will be another $2000 to $2500 in cost. Would like to stick with a 33-34 inch tires. Also what do you guys think of Rock Klawler 3.5 Kit with Mid arm flex system? Look like a pretty good price for the and great quality
Old 02-18-2010, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

although i will say with the beilstein long arm shcks you will get great flex though!!!
Did you loose a rear spring in the second pic? It looks like it's on a rebound bounce! Ha. Bet that sucked to fix there!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SBULLET
Thanks for the Feeback! So from what I hear stay away from FT and either go with the start up TF Coil kits or just do it right with the RE 3.5 Full Flex Kit. My only concern with RE is that now I have to replace the drive shafts & re-gear which will be another $2000 to $2500 in cost. Would like to stick with a 33-34 inch tires. Also what do you guys think of Rock Klawler 3.5 Kit with Mid arm flex system? Look like a pretty good price for the and great quality
Why not get a TeraFlex 2.5" or 3" kit if your planning on running 33-34" tires?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

although i will say with the beilstein long arm shcks you will get great flex though!!!
What's wrong with your rear spring???
Old 02-18-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Jedi Master

i have had my full traction kit on for a little over a year and i have replaced 3 bushings it is noisy as hell no matter how much lube you use and the contol arms are not adjustable, (at least mine are not). dude you cant go wrong with rock krawler or teraflex!! thats just my thoughts.
you have the premium kit, thats why they are not adjustable. The Ultimate has adjustbale arms.
They did have some bad bushings that came from there supplier. They changed up the mix and its no longer an issue.

Originally Posted by EstianSwanepoel
From what I've seen and hear FT is pretty good?
Anyone else have an opinion on this?
I've never heard anyone complain about their FT kits, so I'd like to hear from anyone that's had issues with theirs? Should be interesting
fulltraction is good, they just got a bad rap for having bushing issues.

They are testing out new bushings like the OEM so guys that dont want to grease the kits dont have too.

Ive put 40,000 miles on my lift and its great. American made too! If your going to buy a kit with arms.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 02-18-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:31 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by jerseyjk08
theres lots of guys with issues about their full traction kits. The bushings are crap in most cases. Lots of times they need to be replaced. We replaced a set on a friends jeep this past fall. They were shot to hell and the threads on one of his lower control arms got stripped and fell apart. We had to weld that control arm in place.
if the threads were stripped, someone was lacking of maintance and not checking the lift often enough. the locknut was loose and allowed play on the heim. That can happen on any lift if you leave things loose.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Why not get a TeraFlex 2.5" or 3" kit if your planning on running 33-34" tires?
Which kit do you suggest them? do you need to replace the drive shafts with the 3" kit?
Old 02-18-2010, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

yes that was my spring popping, 2 much flex. also broke the piston rod off the
shock and broke the brake line. that was a fun day.

Quick Reply: Suspension Kits