Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Suspension type, installed at home or shop
BB/Spring kit installed at home
42.48%
BB/Spring kit installed at a shop
7.08%
Short Arm system installed at home
32.30%
Short Arm system installed at a shop
9.73%
Long Arm system installed at home
3.10%
Long Arm system installed at a shop
5.31%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Suspension Kit: Home install or Shop install

Old 03-15-2009, 10:02 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joneszj
How many hours should it take to install a 4" short arm system, including front adjustable track bar and rear track bar bracket, relocating the rear brake lines using brackets, etc. ??? I want to install my 4" Superlift and the full flexarms from TeraFlex but am not sure if it is a job I should tackle myself or go to a shop. A buddy of mine offered to help if I do it myself, and he knows a guy with a garage and all the tools. They installed a 6" LCG TeraFlex kit in about 10 hours...

Let me know what I should do....

thanks
You should let your buddy help. It would save a lot of money. At least if you trust your buddy. JMO.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would love to see a full kit with the coilovers from ORE for the front and an option for the double throwdown for the rear or coils for us broke people. Make it one stop shopping.
But just my .02cents
Old 03-16-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Junkie

Since I dont trust any mechanics around here and I love to work on my vehicles, I did everything myself. Actually, even if I did know a good shop around here, I still would do all my own installs. IMO it really helps you "know" your vehicle, so when something breaks you arent left scratching your head or relying on someone else to fix it. And I absolutely hate relying on other people for help. Next for me is a gear install (another good excuse to buy more tools) and then hopefully a long arm upgrade.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed my lift with my father, took times it was the first time, and I was not in a hurry I preferred to take time but do it right. I stopped a couple of time to go the forum, asked questions and read and re-read write-up.

Now the D60 will be installed with the help of a shop. I negotiate along with the front and rear axle purchase that I want to be part of the installation. I do not have all of the necessary tools like the one needed to move the axle and place it where it should be.

I learn a lot this is my first mod ever, I have never done it on any of my car before, so I will take also the opportunity to inspect what I did just in case I don't want to have trouble
Old 03-18-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

I have done a 4" SA ProCrap on my old TJ with a friend... oddly enough I am nervous to install my 2.5 TF Coil kit.... I gotta stop reading these damn Death Wobble threads!!!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

TF 2.5 Coil lift, mounted and balanced my own tires too!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:24 AM
JK Super Freak

alright fook it! I am doing it in my garage!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Bump

Mel
Old 04-04-2009, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

3.25in Rusty's home grown
Old 04-04-2009, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default home install

2.5" Rough Country progessive coil lift. Installed myself at home, no issues and it was the first lift I've ever done. I did some homework ahead of time making sure I had the right tools. I researched on the forum and followed a lot of tips from the experienced. I would like to note that I don't recommend installing the lift by yourself. Invite a buddy over just in case something weird goes down, you don't want to be alone pinned underneath your JK.

Quick Reply: Suspension Kit: Home install or Shop install