Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension help please.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dmick33
Sorry whats re? Thanks for the advice I think I would like to stay away from spacers though I have heard bad stories about them and would like new springs anyway cause I plan to put bumpers and a rack on at some point adding weight.
Rubicon express, theres nothing wrong with wheel spacers as long as you torque them properly.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Junkie

I think that you will find most of us on this forum agree that a BB like the 2.5" Teraflex with shocks will suit your needs just fine. If you plan on expanding your creation later than opt for the 2.5" with springs. You will not be disappointed.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks will a 2.5 keep all of my geometry in place so I wont have to worry about stressing or breaking other components? I am just worried because I have read that a poor lift will have you breaking and replacing parts and I just want a good worry free lift.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Junkie

Thanks will a 2.5 keep all of my geometry in place so I wont have to worry about stressing or breaking other components? I am just worried because I have read that a poor lift will have you breaking and replacing parts and I just want a good worry free lift.
If this is the case then I would purchase adjustable trackbars to go with your kit to center the axles to your liking. That is what I did on my 2.5 because I'm super anal about little things like that too.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

It seems like the aev kit comes with most of that stuff, but would it being a 3.5 inch mean I would have driveshaft issues with that lift?
Old 06-23-2009, 05:49 AM
JK Jedi Master

It seems like the aev kit comes with most of that stuff, but would it being a 3.5 inch mean I would have driveshaft issues with that lift?
i wouldnt install the cam bolts.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 2008 JK 2-door, and put on a Rough Country 2.5 coil and shock lift. Worked out great, and I am going to put on 35"s in a couple of months. The lift looks good, and now new suspension components to purchase. I did put on a JKS rear track bar so I could adjust my centering.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Suspension help

If you're gona stay with 33's for a while I would leave it stock and save you're $$ for when you want to go to 35's, then I would look into a quality 3" lift by BDS or Teraflex, these are two really good quality lifts and will stand behind anything that MAY go wrong...
Old 06-23-2009, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Suspension help

Hey, I have the 32" take off wheel and tires from my '08 Rubicon (4 plus spare) I am looking to sell,,, if you're interested, they will fit you're stock jeep and the goodrich tread is very good for stock wheeling! the tires only have 2700 mi. on them...
Old 06-23-2009, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Though I don't consider myself "anal" as noted above I am a perfectionist . . . so I went Teraflex 2.5 with shocks, and got front and rear adjustable track bars to keep axles centered. It rides better than stock . . .I'm only goin 33s too. HIGHLY recommend teraflex, and the 2.5 is a happy medium lift with little effect on drivetrain

Quick Reply: Suspension help please.