Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension help please.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension help please.

Ok so I have been doing alot of reading and can now say I am more lost then when I started. I have an 2dr wrangler x and am looking to add some lift and tires. I dont want to go real big just 33's but I want it to be done right and possibly 34's or 35's later if I want. I don't go crazy off road but I dont want stuff to break and I still want it to act right on the road. I have done some reading and see things like adjustable trackbars and control arms and getting new driveshafts and gears. I would just like to know what to get as far as lift and other components. I am not to concerned with money cause I just save and get what I can when I can. Just would like to know what to buy. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:33 AM
JK Super Freak

AEV lift.

Its reported it has a faster slalom time riding on 35" tires than a stock jk unlimited!

It's the route i'll go.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:50 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by CerOf
AEV lift.

Its reported it has a faster slalom time riding on 35" tires than a stock jk unlimited!

It's the route i'll go.
what does this even mean?
Old 06-23-2009, 04:53 AM
JK Jedi Master

most lift companies have budget boost lifts, then a basic lift, like springs and shocks,

then you can upgrade to control arms and track bars, but anything over 3" you should really just buy a complete lift so it'll drive correctly.

33" you might as well keep and it stock and not waste your cash on a BB lift, just wait until you have the cash for 35's and a 3" lift
Old 06-23-2009, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would like a complete lift just to start. I have read that with 33's you will get some rubbing without adding any lift and I have that on my other jeep and dont really want to deal with that.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tera 2.5 coil and 35s FTW (see my gallery)

AEV slalom testing??? they building overpriced snowboards now?
Old 06-23-2009, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

You're stuck in the grey area between slightly modified and modified.
My suggestion is to get the 33's and possibly a set of pucks. (spacers for the springs)
wheel it a bit and see if you catch the bug...
If you love it, you can get a complete lift kit and wheel the 33's till they're bald.
My 2¢....
Old 06-23-2009, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Will I need driveshafts with 2-3inches of lift? Also is the mopar 2 inch lift a good lift to get? I have done some looking and it seems pretty complete.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:12 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by openloop
You're stuck in the grey area between slightly modified and modified.
My suggestion is to get the 33's and possibly a set of pucks. (spacers for the springs)
wheel it a bit and see if you catch the bug...
If you love it, you can get a complete lift kit and wheel the 33's till they're bald.
My 2¢....
good advice
Originally Posted by dmick33
Will I need driveshafts with 2-3inches of lift? Also is the mopar 2 inch lift a good lift to get? I have done some looking and it seems pretty complete.
you shouldnt need DS with a 2" lift, 3" you will for the rear, front only if you have an auto.

the mopars a rebadged RE kit
Old 06-23-2009, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry whats re? Thanks for the advice I think I would like to stay away from spacers though I have heard bad stories about them and would like new springs anyway cause I plan to put bumpers and a rack on at some point adding weight.

Quick Reply: Suspension help please.