Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension help

Old 08-23-2010, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension help

I'm ready to order a new front bumper and winch for my '09 4 door JK DD. I'm pretty much sold on the Superwinch EPi9.0S (I wish Dave sold Superwinch!) and I'm leaning strongly toward an Lod mid-width Signature Series bumper.

My suspension's currently set up 2" higher than stock: 2" OME Nitrochargers, TF leveling kit (spacers), and JKS 0-2" quick discos. I'm fine with a 2" lift 'cause in the future I want to build a roof rack and still be able to drive the JK into my shop without first having to take the rack off and I don't want to have to carry a stepstool around for my wife.

But I'm guessing the front end is gonna' sag with the addition of the winch and bumper. What do you think is the best way to preserve about 2" of lift? Replace the stock springs and spacers with new 2.5" springs up front? Do you think they'd settle enough under the weight of the bumper and winch that I wouldn't have to buy new shocks and discos? Would I break anything at full flex?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ride it out till the sag becomes unbearable then replace springs to appropriate height

Quick Reply: Suspension help