Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension GURU's

Old 10-30-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension GURU's

Need soem help. Just finished installing the TF 2.5 (4dr) coil lift on my 2dr. I already had the leveling kit and left it on as well. Due to the extra height I installed TF monster front and rear track bars. Bilstein 5100 shocks and steering stablizer rounded out the install. No here is the problem. I have a slight pull to the left. It will travel 4-500 yards before you start to notice it but once it starts going left it keeps on going. It is not so bad that it changes lanes on its own, I just want to make it right. At first I thought my axles were not centered (which was partially true). I took the measurement from tire to fender with a level and re-centered both the front and the rear. My front is with in a 1/16 and the rear is perfect. I had to readjust the steering wheel again. This corrected some of the pull from th efirst time out but it left me with what was described above. I went and doubled and tripled checked my toe in but it is where it should be 1/8" in. However when I stand in front and look at my tires they both seem to be pointing out. Not sure if it is an optical illusion. I measered it three times from different locations then even had my wife help me the 4th time and it is always 1/8 narrower in the front of the tire than the back.

What suggestions do you have or thoughts on what I should be looking at our adjusting? Thanks for everyones help.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

I have heard the same thing in regards to the Bilstein stabilizer. But it wasn't that noticable when it was pairde with the leveling kit. It is a little more pronouncd now. If you had to recommend another stabilizer which one would you chose?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:32 AM
JK Newbie

Ya I was trying to avoid going that route yet. It will be something I eventually do but didn't want to spend the money on it now.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mlax
I have heard the same thing in regards to the Bilstein stabilizer. But it wasn't that noticable when it was pairde with the leveling kit. It is a little more pronouncd now. If you had to recommend another stabilizer which one would you chose?
I run the teraflex 9550 and it's great. Might want to match your suspension if you are thinking about getting rid of the bilstein to solve the issue.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

I just innstalled the bilstein shocks and am not ready to bail on them yet. There has to be a simple fix or some tweek someone has done in the past. I am by no means an experianced suspension guy. I installed it by the directions and checked it everyway I know how. Was hoping some one would just say "adjust the track bar" or some other means to correct it.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

This has had to have happened to someone once before. Mr Teraflex any suggestions?
Old 10-31-2011, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

the bilstein SS will push the vehicle to the drivers side, since it is a charged shock ...prolly for the first 30days to break it in.... after this is should stable out.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by neXgen
the bilstein SS will push the vehicle to the drivers side, since it is a charged shock ...prolly for the first 30days to break it in.... after this is should stable out.
Have you had experiance with this? Not sure how much push I should expect. Like I said it is a lot less once I adjusted the track bars.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

is your stock shock still good?

turn your wheel all the way both directions, you don't want to bottom out the shock.

If the shock bottoms out, you may have to loosened the mount point on the tie rod and let it out some, just remember to leave about 1/8" play and check it again
Old 11-01-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

looking for some suggestions. any one else have an opinion?

Quick Reply: Suspension GURU's