Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension and d44 upgrade question

Old 04-11-2014, 12:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I can see it looks like an older bds lift. But that's just judging by the trackbar bracket and lower bump stops. Still hard to pinpoint with these pics
Old 04-11-2014, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Here are some better ones.

Sorry for the other ones. I was taking them blindly because it was too bright outside to see the screen.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:38 PM
JK Junkie

Front track bar and control arms are full traction. thier control arms still taper down and I hated that front track bar when I had one so the image of it is still burnt into my memory.
looks to me like your already running a 3.5 or 4"
lift.
If your just looking to go 37's just get them and put them on, then either add suspension spacers/body lift or go with flat fenders and you should be done
Old 04-11-2014, 01:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by john smack
Front track bar and control arms are full traction. thier control arms still taper down and I hated that front track bar when I had one so the image of it is still burnt into my memory.
looks to me like your already running a 3.5 or 4"
lift.
If your just looking to go 37's just get them and put them on, then either add suspension spacers/body lift or go with flat fenders and you should be done
Thank you for the help. What was the problem with the front track bar? Also did your suspension creak its tail off? I have hit all the nutserts with grease and its still very creaky. Not sure where all the noise is coming from. Sounds like I will just be puttting some money into beefing the front axle up instead of buying a new lift. Can you post a pic of your jeep with the body lift? I am considering adding one just for clearance. Also going to have a heck of a time finding a set of decent looking flat fenders since the Aev bumper was designed to fit the factory flares.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:04 PM
JK Junkie

Here is mine on 4" bds long arm and 2" body lift. 15"rims and 37" pitbul rockers

To get rid of the creaking. Take your control arms and track bars off at the axle one at a time and put some grease on the flat faces of the poly ends where they twist against the mounting ears. It is the poly bushings on metal that is squeeking not the flex ends.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:07 PM
JK Junkie

If you really want to do something with your suspension get the long arm upgrade...
My full traction trackbar was weak and would flex when turning with the 37's, so I went and got a TF monster trackbar, now I would go with a synergy if I was to do it again

\Also I flog the snot out of my jeep and have since day one, I have been on 37's for years and 35's for years before that. I put in axle C gussets from EVO and I have never had a problem with my axle bending or breaking. so I think you will be good with just beefing up your steering/ball joints and axle C's then put the 37's on and see where you need clearence. You might luck out and only need to trim your stock fenders.

Last edited by john smack; 04-11-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:11 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The ACOS are adjustable, can't you just crank them up a couple notches if you want more suspension height?

Body gap from a RC 1.25" body lift and stock rear bumper. (with a 37" falken hanging off the stock carrier). Your rubi rails will ride up with the body. (or is that rubi rails and Ace, maybe?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4687.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	544919

Last edited by nthinuf; 04-11-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the pics I will definitely be adding a body lift now. Is the 2 inch too much? I was considering the 1.25. I will look into the tf track bar. What made you realize the ft track bar was flexing? and the squeaking definitely sounds like rubber on metal so i was thinking that was what it was.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:09 PM
JK Junkie

I laid under the jeep while a buddy turned the wheels back and fourth and I watched the bar flex in the middle when turning left. Not only that I replaced so many heim joint ends.
I did a 2" lift cuz I needed it at the time I had a procomp lift with saggy coils when I went to 37's.
but if you only need 1.25 then go with the smallest you can get away with. or like what was mentioned above I forgot you had adjustable spacers.. crank them up
Old 04-11-2014, 03:21 PM
JK Junkie

Default Suspension and d44 upgrade question

My buddy had the same issue with FT's track bar. It's on youtube if searched.
OP ... Are you off roading ?
You don't really need a ton of lift to run even a 37" tire.
3"/flat flares and trimmed seams. A small BL is a 2nd option but stay at 1.25

Quick Reply: Suspension and d44 upgrade question