Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension comparisons

Old 08-23-2014, 01:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sahara314
I do some moderate wheeling around the Phx area. Nothing more than a blue trail. I'd like to get to Moab for the next EJS. I'm looking for something dependable that still gives a decent road ride, function well off-road & wouldn't break the bank. I figure my budget is around 700-1000. Thanks for your help.
budget boost. Not going to get much more than that for 700-1000. You might be able to get some good shocks in there as well. Some spring pucks, shocks and you're done at a grand.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Teraflex 2.5" lift came with shocks, springs, new sway bar links, drag bar bracket, brake line brackets....and that was $730 or so. Not a budget boost. !
Old 08-24-2014, 06:37 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Are you planning a tire upgrade as well? a 3" lift without an upgrade of larger tires it generally useless and you really don't get any benefit but approach, decline, and break over angles with less stability and sketchy steering.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Are you planning a tire upgrade as well? a 3" lift without an upgrade of larger tires it generally useless and you really don't get any benefit but approach, decline, and break over angles with less stability and sketchy steering.
I was looking at the teraflex 2.5". I'm not planning on going any bigger than 33" tires for now. Would that still give me the stability and steering issues you've described?

BTW, I read your thread on this issue. Very informative. Thanks for the advice.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:31 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

personally I would keep it under 2" or a leveling kit for 33" tires. Geometry issues will be slight at the 2"-2.5" range and will quickly get worse the heigher you go.

Quick Reply: Suspension comparisons