Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension blur

Old 04-11-2010, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go over the OME or TF ~2.5 inch gets you 3" class of lift you immediately need to think real hard about new drive shafts because at 4" you will wear your stock front ds out real quick. And you have to think seriously about longer arms or at least some adjustment. One thing begets another at a certain point. Don't get me started on what is really right for 35" and up tires. And once all that is done you will have one tired V6! Don't even think about adding another 4 to 500 pounds with heavy bumpers and a winch.

I stopped at the TF 2.5" coils and shocks lift with an adjustable front track bar and some beef ups to my track bar connection points on the axles. Got a solid 3". Articulates enough that this year I am adding extended brake lines. I am at 32's right now and will go up to 33's on 16's this fall. I figured that with all the mods I'd really like to do that my next mod would be to buy a pickup and a trailer to haul my jeep up to the trails!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:38 AM
JK Freak

Good advice.....Thank you

I think i'm starting to calm down my thoughts of Super Jeep and just build more of a bullet proof one
Old 04-20-2010, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Holdem2

I think i'm starting to calm down my thoughts of Super Jeep and just build more of a bullet proof one
I have the OME HD and love it, and it is about 3"
Old 04-20-2010, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

that's the plan i'm going for right now. eventually i'll be on 37's with a long arm kit, but i'm SLOWLY working my way there. for now, i'm worrying about armor and functional mods rather than any kind of lift. i'm just about set to throw a set of 35's on and i'm running my stock rubi suspension. i figure by the time the 35's wear out i'll have enough money to do driveshafts, gears, the lift, and my tires. during that time, i'll throw on my snorkel, evo goodies (44mags, c gussets, and rockstars), rear bumper with carrier, and possibly a front bumper with a winch. sure, my ambition on the trail far outweighs my jeep's current setup, but you'd be surprised what you can do with a stock rubi when driven with finesse. plus, once my lift and tires are on in the end, i'll be 100% set rather than me dropping the money up front and being broke with a million other mods that need to be done. it's all about planning
Old 05-05-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

I have the OME HD and love it, and it is about 3"
What siaze tires are you running?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Former Member

late to the game,.. but..

when you lift a 2 door over 3" its important to have adjustablilty in your lift. You need atleast a set of uppers front and rear to adjust pinion and caster. Our 3" lifts are as advertised 3" of lift.

Ive been running my 3" since 06. Its a awesome combo for the 2 door. it still rode nice on the short arm, but rides even smoother with the long arm.

Last edited by Full-Traction Suspension; 05-05-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:14 AM
JK Freak

I have the 3 inch Fabtech Budge Boost Spacer Lift for 700 bucks and it gives you about 3.8 inches of lift on my 2 door, once i added front and rear bumper and a winch it leveled out at 3 inchs. However i would def get 35's for a 3 inch lift
Old 05-05-2010, 11:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So I need some opinions on 3" lift kits for my 2 dr (already has a 2" budget boast and 33's. I do daily driving and weekend jamboree's in the near future. I'm on the fence with a couple lift choices.
I want to spent under $800 and stick with either 3" or 4" lift and keep my 33" tires for now....possible 35" tires coming later on.
I like the Black diamond 3".
I also like the value of the Rough country 3.25" and 4" lifts.
Anyone tried the Zone Offroad lifts?
We had the Black Diamond 3" lift on our Unlimited for over a year and were very happy with it...never experienced any DW and it had some great flex (if you rock crawl). As for the other choices I have a buddy who's running the RC and is on his 3rd? set of springs as they are having/had some issues with the springs sagging. Don't have any feedback on the Zone Offroad other than they are an off shoot of BDS. When we bought our lift we did a lot of research and came up with the BD lift and were happy ever since...just recently upgraded to coil overs and king shocks...

Quick Reply: Suspension blur