Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

SURF RACKS (pictures & ideas wanted)

Old 03-07-2012, 01:47 PM
mml
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the warrior on the front and since this photo i added a thule goalpost hitch mount, it works well at high speeds with a kayak... board?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0134.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	286227  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Yakima Claw racks

Originally Posted by DanoPhelps
Have you tried (or heard anyone who has used) this rack from Yakima on their JK?

http://www.orsracksdirect.com/yakima...roof-rack.html

I'm likely going to order it and see if it fits, but I can't believe there is much difference in the width from an 06 to an '11 JK. So far this looks like the best option I have found, without adding the bolt on cage.

-DP
I got it in last weekend. Bottom line is that you could make it work, but for the 2011 JK, you would have to remove everything, including the soft top rails. You would also have to modify the foam rollbar padding. All of the setup is a bit much to run 3 miles to our beach on the Chesapeake - especially if the rain comes in and you have to put it all back together again.

I think I am going to look at the full rack options. I really like the Boar racks, but at $1,200+ (double everyone else in Quadratech) they are nuts! Also, to get the look I want, I would have to get a new fastback soft top.

Anyone willing to weigh in on the various full cage models out there:

Kargo Master is my current favorite: http://www.quadratec.com/products/12138_006_07.htm especially as the Garvin is again at $1,000.

Open for ideas. Water is warming up around here...

-Dan

Quick Reply: SURF RACKS (pictures & ideas wanted)