Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Supertop NX v. Trektop NX??

Old 03-23-2011, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Supertop NX v. Trektop NX??

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these soon but don't know which one to get. My oft top essentials include: (1) a soft top that allows me easy access to the rear cargo area, (2) I need a soft top that I can take completely down and put completely up with ease and (3) the quieter the better. I do like the fastback look of the trektop NX and it's also cheaper but don't know about rear cargo access, fold down ability and noise. I know these tops are new (not sure if anyone has them yet) but any insight and or info would be appreciated. Thanks...
Old 03-23-2011, 06:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to buy one myself. You may want to call one of the vendors selling these if you need it right away though. I believe the JK versions aren't due to be shipped until June now. Most websites will just let you preorder them at this time.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Former Member

We are now expecting these in Mid May-June. The first batch of Trektops will most likely be very close to selling out once we get them in.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm a little hesitant to be one of the first to get one, I always buy products that are thoroughly reviewed, with that ship date the the summer might be pretty much through by the time I finally get one, then again I do live in so cal and pretty much can go topless year round.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Cansomeone tell me why there is such a price difference on the two...
Old 03-24-2011, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GPorts
Cansomeone tell me why there is such a price difference on the two...
Supertop comes with frame, Trektop is frameless.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bustabizz
We are now expecting these in Mid May-June. The first batch of Trektops will most likely be very close to selling out once we get them in.
Any insight on why the release date keeps getting delayed? I sold my old Trektop in the fall because Bestop said the new version would be out in early 2011...now it's gonna be June. I guess I'm looking at a hardtop summer!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yikes $925 for a Supertop NX

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11102_143X_PG.htm

It does look "advanced" compared to previous generations, I'll wait to a few people get them to decided if I'm going to shell out this much for one.

Last edited by orp967; 04-08-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone know how the rear cargo area access are on these soft tops? I noticed they're attached to the swing gate does that mean that the gate can't open?? Sorry if it's a dumb question I'm not too familiar with how any of these tops work
Old 05-02-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't really looked at these tops, but I have a supertop and there is a bar that connects to either side of the tub, and lets the gate swing open

Quick Reply: Supertop NX v. Trektop NX??