Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superlift questions...

Old 03-27-2008, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superlift questions...

Anyone running the 4" Superlift? What's the difference between the SS and the SSR shocks? Is it a good idea to get both adjustable trackbars with the kit? And the steering stabilizer?

edit: What's the main difference between the K921, K921B and K921R?

Last edited by brando13; 03-27-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Default SuperLift 4"

Originally Posted by brando13
Anyone running the 4" Superlift? What's the difference between the SS and the SSR shocks? Is it a good idea to get both adjustable trackbars with the kit? And the steering stabilizer?

edit: What's the main difference between the K921, K921B and K921R?
I just installed a 4' Superlift kit last week. I am still trying to tweak it. I have some issues with the steering which I am working thru. I am finding that adjusting the caster is a big thing if you want the your JK to drive straight. Unfortunaley SuperLift does nor instruct you on how to install the cam bolts that come with the kit. I read on this and other forums not to use the cam bolts since you need to remove the factory bushing to install them. Once remove it is not possible to go back. So the only other way to set your caster is to buy adjustable upper or lower control arms. I called SuperLift to ask which if you could only afford one pair to buy they would suggest. They told me lower and that the added benefit is more ground clearance. So I just ordered them off 4ws.com (great prices for Superlift parts). I just thought I would save you some time after you put kit on and realize it won't drive straight.

As far the track bar, the kit comes with an adjustable front which was handing in setting the axle center after lifting. I also bought the reat adjustable for the same reason. The rear adjustable also eliminates using a bracket that may break. You still put a mount bracket on but it mounts directly to the factory mount and is very solid.

The shocks I bought were the standard nitro shocks that come with the lift. The part numbers you state I belive keep adding the optional componets, like rear track bar, Upper and lower control arms, steering stabilizer. If you go in with the standard you can then add the optional parts as you can afford them. But like I said I started out that way and have already added steering stabilzer, rear adjustable track bar and now lower adjustable control arms front.

I hope this helps.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:21 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the 4in kit for the 4-dr. with bilstein shocks, frt adj trackbar. No probs with the rear bracket yet, am gonna order adj rear as funds develope. I did not install the cam bolts. It drives straight and handles well. I'm happy with mine.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Default 4" superlift

I installed 4" Superlift/ ajustable trackbar/ Steering stablizer/ basic shocks. The Jeep handles and rides great! Keeping eye on tires for wear and seems perfect.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=brando13;405909]...What's the difference between the SS and the SSR shocks? QUOTE]

The SSR are reservoir shocks (SS are non reservoir)

The reservoir is supposed to improve the shock's operation by cooling the shock faster under extreme use (ie high speed driving on rough terrain). Generally, the ride will be the same for both the SS and SSR, but he SSR will have more volume of oil and more surface area to dispate heat.

Jeeps don't really need reservior shocks because they generally move slow over rough terrain. If you do a lot of driving over rough roads and wash board, then it might be useful. Otherwise, it more of a bling thing.

BTW, these SSR shocks look identical to my Pro Comp one. I believe they are made by Bilstein or Edelbrock and are rebranded by the suspension companies

Last edited by VictorS; 03-29-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

anyone know what the price would be for the complete kit with both adj. track bars and f/r upper and lower rock runner arms. I heard the rock runner arms were on back order , are they still? Also is the rock runner arms only for the rear, or are they used for the front as well? thanks for the info, John edit : with ss shocks

Last edited by JK-RUBIJON; 03-29-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

no info on my question? I thought someone from northridge would chime in.

Quick Reply: Superlift questions...