Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superlift owners measure up?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:49 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rear pic, sorry not so good.
Click image for larger version

Name:	173_7332.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	13172

Just so you know, I did the rear measurment with the spare on , softop and a shitload of tools in it.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default superlift

I bought the superlift and the first thing i did was check the instructions to make shure i had the 4 door springs for the rear becouse i drove about 3 1/2 hours to get to the 4wd hardware warehouse in Colombinia OH. I cought it before i left and corected the problem right then and their ,they checked their computers and there was a fault in their computer system with those part numbers for the rear springs
Old 09-22-2008, 08:12 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

01-560 and 01- 561 are the numbers I have on my springs too, check the numers on your springs.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:40 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the right number stamped on both sets of springs they have sent me. The first set the rear was over an inch lower than it is now. They think those were 2 door springs mismarked. It is possible I think that I have the right springs now and I'm just carting way more weight than the rest of you. I'll try unloading some stuff and see where I'm at. But, this is how the jeep is going to be used. Matter of fact when wheeling I usually have even more stuff in the back. 5gal water and other misc stuff. 2 kids... all thier stuff. Not uncommon to have the roof rack packed with stuff.

I'm sitting level now. It's the fact that I put anything else in there and I'm back down again.

Superlift has been great though. For my trouble they have sent me a set of Diff covers front and rear. And once i've talked to a few people on here to get an idea of how they are sitting and give mine a couple more weeks to make sure it's settled in. They will come up with a resolution for me.

I have a 3/4" spacer in the front to make up for the weight of the big bumper, lights, and winch. I put the 3/4" spacer in the rear as well. Because of the extra weight in the back. I really don't know why the suspension companies don't make another set of springs for us. It's a Jeep. They know that many people that lift them will put big bumpers, winches, roof racks, tools, tire carriers, Huge tires on them.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:21 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Superlift 4 inch and have 35's with a spare on the rear and have had no problems. I will be adding a Rancho tire carrier bumper in the next week. I doubt that will lower it much. I also have a Warn Rock Crawler front bumper and it still sits level.

Sorry I do not have measurements at this time. I do have a 2dr and am unsure if it would matter for your measurements.

Last edited by SilverSurferJK; 09-23-2008 at 04:36 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:26 AM
JK Super Freak

2 door measurements would be great. If you don't mind put a pic up of your jeep when you get the measurements. Thanks
Old 10-02-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry for the delay but I measured mine last night and I'm getting 13 1/4 in rear from axle to top of spring and up front about 14 1/2 maybe a hair more but I have a Warn Rock crawler frt bumper n it is very heavy compared to some others. In the rear I have a Rancho /tire carrier bumper. I noticed I may sit slightly lower in the front but it may be the ground I was parked on.

These measurements may be a hair off due to tryin go hold a light n measure by myself .

Quick Reply: Superlift owners measure up?