Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superlift help

Old 12-09-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill have to have AEV weld up the holes.

I was told another option would be to do just the front uppers. Is this also an option?
Old 12-09-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly its really hard to trouble shoot this without first knowing your caster.

If you run to depot or sears and get an angle finder, you can get MUCH more helpful info.

Increasing the length of your lowers has the same effect on caster as shortening your uppers (rotating the axle)... but its also important to have your axle in the right place (moving it front to back). This is the whole reason to have both being adjustable. But if you only do one set, lowers typically have more room for adjustment. Also, having beefier lowers to bounce off rocks is more advantageous than beefier uppers which never get hit.

I would not just weld up the holes in your LCA brackets to ditch the cams, but I would weld on all new brackets. The OEM ones are garbage and thin sheet metal. I suggest buying aftermarket brackets, with skids on them, and weld them in place of the OEM brackets. That and at least lowers is the best way to fix this in my opinion.

Again, everything I write is JUST my opionion... but it;s based on some pretty sound experience and listening to guys much smarter than myself!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kntr
Which lower control arms seem to be the best and a good price?
I have the 4" Superlift as well, went with TeraFlex front adjustable lower's. They seemed to have the best price and they are beefy.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TemplarAZ
I have the 4" Superlift as well, went with TeraFlex front adjustable lower's. They seemed to have the best price and they are beefy.
Did you try the cams to begin with?
Old 12-09-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

No, I heard bad things about the cams and just decided to do the lower adjustable arms as they weren't really that expensive at all. Planning on adjustable TeraFlex arms all the way around when I can afford it.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your jeep was one of the reasons I chose the Superlift btw, GREAT looking rig you have there.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also have the 4" Superlift kit and I recently went with the Currie adjustables all the way around based on Wayoflife's advice. I still have to install everything and try it all out though.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TemplarAZ
No, I heard bad things about the cams and just decided to do the lower adjustable arms as they weren't really that expensive at all. Planning on adjustable TeraFlex arms all the way around when I can afford it.
Do you experience any wandering in grooves like I discribed or small bump steer?
Old 12-09-2008, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I just am having a hard time finding a picture that shows both ends together, but in the write up on the Currie lift you can see a Johnny Joint at both the frame and axle ends.
Here you go... I just got these this week

Old 12-12-2008, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do you experience any wandering in grooves like I discribed or small bump steer?
No, none what so ever.

Quick Reply: Superlift help