Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superlift help

Old 01-15-2009, 09:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KNTR

I have 4” Superlift, exactly like you, in my 2008 Rubicon 4drs, 34”, and I have been thinking to change my cambolts by adjustable Lower arms. I had been following this thread with a lot of interest from the beginning to the end. Now I have a question for you, according with your experiences (pros/con or gain/loose)) through this crazy adventure, do you recommend me change the cambolts and go to adj lower arms?

Thanks for all
Old 01-15-2009, 09:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Change them out when you can. You'll have to weld washers to repair the slot you made though. Or weld all new brackets on. Whichever.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:03 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKMoses
KNTR

I have 4” Superlift, exactly like you, in my 2008 Rubicon 4drs, 34”, and I have been thinking to change my cambolts by adjustable Lower arms. I had been following this thread with a lot of interest from the beginning to the end. Now I have a question for you, according with your experiences (pros/con or gain/loose)) through this crazy adventure, do you recommend me change the cambolts and go to adj lower arms?

Thanks for all
It does drive better, but I only got a little over 1 degree of castor more than the stock arms and cambolts. Remember though some people get away with 6-7 degrees of castor. I could run it with 6-7, but I had a vibe. I am real picky. There is still a slight vibe at about 80, but I never drive that fast. I think gears play a role in the vibe, also. Since I am running 5.13s, my drivelines are really turning fast.

If I had to do it again I would go with a High Steer Kit first from AEV or Teraflex. Then the adjustable arms if it still didnt drive like I wanted it. I would think since you are running 34s, Id would stick with cambolts if you are ok with how it drives.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
You guys are doing it in the wrong place. I needs to be under the pinion or here. Read this article. http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ignment#caster

So when I measure here, it says 7 degrees on my angle finder. However, I had to get it aligned because I never could get the toe right, and didn't want to screw up my new tires. They had the caster after alignment at somewhere in the 4.5 range, but I measured my control arms again and they didn't move them. So should that reading be 7 degrees, or is there something else I'm missing? (Note, it isn't 7 in the photo supplied.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Anyone? Just trying to see if I'm missing anything.
Don't get me wrong, it drives fine, but I've only gone about 70 in it. Doesn't feel too flighty.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:17 AM
JK Junkie

The alignment shop should be WAAAY more accurate. I had to get my castor around 5.5 to get MOST of the vibes to go away.

Quick Reply: Superlift help