Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superlift help

Old 01-13-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would say your probably getting the vibe and if you have it, more of a chaffing or dry type of sound, it's coming from your top frt driveshaft bearing. Where the shaft comes out near the flange, take alook at that joint. Probably will see that it's pretty much maxed out. Mine started the vibe more noise than vibe really after I put new control arms and I'm running at 6 degrees caster. I ordered a new driveshaft the next day. No more noise or vibe, pretty smooth for a u-joint style driveshaft. Also, I think what enhanced the sound more for me to notice is that I didn't have any drain plugs in and I have a rubber floor liner.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Really hope you get your jeep squared away, you gonna go to the Moab jeep safarie?
Old 01-13-2009, 12:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Dammit kntr, You got me worried more about your jeep than my own , I'm trin to help and it ain't helpin, sorry. Think you need a jeep jedi like WOL to weigh in on your probs, might try pm'in him or somebody more knowledgable. Juliet kilo has a good grasp on his and is still running stock shaft's I believe, maybe a pm to him? Dunno, your pickey like me, I want my jk perfect also, but from what I've gathered, I'll probably end up with an evo system and a hemi, still then, would it be perfect? Probably not, but we do suffer from a sickness the normal population wouldn't understand. I think that's why this site exists, project jk, don't think you ever finish your project.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kntr
It was at 6.7/6.8 at the last alignment shop, but I had a vibe. I have turned the arms 2 full rotations shorter. Im just curious as to where Im sitting right now before I take it into the alignment shop.
KNTR, stop worrying about it man, you are at about 5-6 degrees and that is still better than stock. If the vibes are gone you are good.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt have an vibes with the cam bolts and stock arms... none.

Ive still got a vibe at 60mph. Im going to give it a couple more turns and see if it helps. I have an appointment at the alignment shop again tomorrow to see where I sit.

Ive given it two full turns and the vibe is still there. Its more like an intermittent vibe that comes and goes every other second. I hope that makes sense.

The arms are right at 23 1/4 now. A full turn doesnt seem to shorten the arms very much.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kntr
I didnt have an vibes with the cam bolts and stock arms... none.

Ive still got a vibe at 60mph. Im going to give it a couple more turns and see if it helps. I have an appointment at the alignment shop again tomorrow to see where I sit.

Ive given it two full turns and the vibe is still there. Its more like an intermittent vibe that comes and goes every other second. I hope that makes sense.

The arms are right at 23 1/4 now. A full turn doesnt seem to shorten the arms very much.
at 23 1/4 you are at about 6 degrees.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

Im one turn under 23 1/4 at about 23 1/8... Im going for a test drive right now.

EDIT: Vibe is gone until about 80mph. I never drive over 70-75 so Im cool with it. I want as much castor as possible.

Im off to the alignment shop for a check at 1pm. I know the guys real well and trust them a lot. Im going to tell them not to touch the castor.

Last edited by kntr; 01-14-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:02 PM
JK Junkie

Im back from the alignment shop. The castor is at 5.2/5.3. I does drive better than it did with the cambolts. I was hoping for more castor.

BTW. One full turn on the adjustable arms is exactly 1/2 degree of castor.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:21 PM
JK Super Freak

good to hear kntr! I am glad that is working for you.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
good to hear kntr! I am glad that is working for you.
Im sort of disappointed. The entire reason I went to adjustable arms was to get 6-7 degrees of castor, so it would handle better. Now, Im almost back to where I was with the cambolts. I still have a slight vibe at 80mph. I probably need one more turn, but then I would be right back to where I started. I really didnt gain much castor at all. Im wondering if I should have just kept the cambolts in the first place and saved $500. It does drive a little better and even the wife said it rides/drives better, so its not all bad.

Quick Reply: Superlift help