Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superlift help

Old 01-03-2009, 11:52 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kntr
Since they charged me $130 for the first alignment and then $56 for the second, I need to learn how to do this. HELP. I no mechanic here.

The bolt and nut on the lower arms is 13/16 correct? Teraflex says 9/16.

I dont have a wrench big enough for the locking nut.
Just use a pipe wrench on the locking nut, I have a big ass 15in long crecent, and it wouldn't open far enough. Pipe wrench and your good to go.I think that lock nut or jam nut is something weird like 1 13/16in. If you have a crecent that goes to 2inches your good, otherwise , a pipe wrench will work. Control arm bolts are 21mm.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Just use a pipe wrench on the locking nut, I have a big ass 15in long crecent, and it wouldn't open far enough. Pipe wrench and your good to go.I think that lock nut or jam nut is something weird like 1 13/16in. If you have a crecent that goes to 2inches your good, otherwise , a pipe wrench will work. Control arm bolts are 21mm.
METRIC!! My 13/16" fits on it pretty good.

Did you mount the arms with the grease zerts up or down?
Old 01-03-2009, 04:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexsDream77
The biggest difference comes from the transfer case in our Jeeps. X's and Sahara's front output is lower than that of a rubicon. That's why the Rubicon's have more clearance problems with the front drive shaft on the manual transmission linkage. The 1350 double cardon joint hits for sure with a manual on a Rubicon.
I think you missed what we were saying. The rubicon manual tranny has NO vibes or clearance issues. Its the X automatics have the problems.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:17 PM
JK Jedi Master

One down , one up, on the TF frt lowers, it's the only way to mount them correctly.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
I think you missed what we were saying. The rubicon manual tranny has NO vibes or clearance issues. Its the X automatics have the problems.

A guy out here with a rubi manual couldn't fit the 1350 JE Real drive shaft in his. They're looking at a body lift to make it fit.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Jedi Master

A guy out here with a rubi manual couldn't fit the 1350 JE Real drive shaft in his. They're looking at a body lift to make it fit.
Body lift?? For a driveshaft Is the output flange that close to the body tub?
Old 01-03-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

OH, if your trying to do this by yourself, do one control arm at a time. It also makes it easier to have 2 jacks, one under the pumpkin and one under the pinion.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Double Cardon is hitting the Trans linkage I guess. I heard someone else had this problem too. His rear 1350 is hitting the gas tank.

After looking at how big that 1350 joint was on his I thought no way would that thing clear my auto tranny so I had a 1330 shaft made by Woods. So far no rubbing anywhere. But, now seeing his rear problems I'm wondering about the rear now too. Again.. I had heard of some people having gas tank rubbing issues... but it's only the skid plate back there and only when flexed out... so maybe we can live with that one.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by mkjeep
OH, if your trying to do this by yourself, do one control arm at a time. It also makes it easier to have 2 jacks, one under the pumpkin and one under the pinion.
Also,Those control arms need to be torqued in the 120-125ft.lbs range.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Jedi Master

Double Cardon is hitting the Trans linkage I guess. I heard someone else had this problem too. His rear 1350 is hitting the gas tank.

After looking at how big that 1350 joint was on his I thought no way would that thing clear my auto tranny so I had a 1330 shaft made by Woods. So far no rubbing anywhere. But, now seeing his rear problems I'm wondering about the rear now too. Again.. I had heard of some people having gas tank rubbing issues... but it's only the skid plate back there and only when flexed out... so maybe we can live with that one.
Gotcha, I have a 1310 up frt, didn't know the 1350 was that BIG!

Quick Reply: Superlift help