Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superlift help

Old 01-02-2009, 08:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love hearing about this being corrected. I'm experiencing the same issues and am having the Teraflex Long arm upgrade kit installed next week. Can't wait to have the cam bolts gone for good and have everything adjusted correctly.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
The double cardan joint at the transfer case handles the drive line angle better than the ball bearing stocker. At 4-5inches of lift in frt ,the bearing joint and shaft are at it's limit. If your vibe or noise increases in the next week or two, it's that top bearing screaming. Wheeling it will make it come on quicker, just highway driving , may last a little longer. When your pinion was rotated down to acheive better castor it kicked the end by the T-case up, at least on mine it did. Waaayyy better drivability, but the stock shaft can't handle much more than where it was at before my control arms, it tweaked it enough to give me a vibe and noise, so I ordered a new shaft.
I wind my jeep out to 70 mph on the way to work without vibes, so hopefully I wont need a new driveshaft for a while. I am sure eventually it will be replaced but i have a lot of other things that need my money.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:09 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
I wind my jeep out to 70 mph on the way to work without vibes, so hopefully I wont need a new driveshaft for a while. I am sure eventually it will be replaced but i have a lot of other things that need my money.
You have different springs(maybe not as much lift) than I or KNTR, that may be your saving grace. Also you have a manual and I don't know if the way it attaches to the T-case makes it sit lower or not than an auto. Either way, I'm glad it's working for you, and I know I woulda like to have spent $500 somewhere else. But, watcha gonna do?I still like puttin new parts go on the JK needed or not.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:47 AM
JK Junkie

Since they charged me $130 for the first alignment and then $56 for the second, I need to learn how to do this. HELP. I no mechanic here.

The bolt and nut on the lower arms is 13/16 correct? Teraflex says 9/16.

I dont have a wrench big enough for the locking nut.

Last edited by kntr; 01-03-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kntr
Since they charged me $130 for the first alignment and then $56 for the second, I need to learn how to do this. HELP. I no mechanic here.

The bolt and nut on the lower arms is 13/16 correct? Teraflex says 9/16.

I dont have a wrench big enough for the locking nut.
Wow they took you for a ride, I went to a brakes plus when I had my old Jeep and they did it for 50 bucks and fixed something for free after the Jeep was in there. Great guys there in Colorado SPrings.

My current Jeep has never seen an alignment shop because I have my own garage. But just to make sure everything is good I have checked and rechecked stuff.

I suggest to get started buy a mechanics toolset for auto mechanics from craftsman (lifetime warranty). I have this one and I have added to it over the years but this is a great start. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...nics+Tool+Sets
Old 01-03-2009, 09:18 AM
JK Super Freak

You have different springs(maybe not as much lift) than I or KNTR, that may be your saving grace. Also you have a manual and I don't know if the way it attaches to the T-case makes it sit lower or not than an auto. Either way, I'm glad it's working for you, and I know I woulda like to have spent $500 somewhere else. But, watcha gonna do?I still like puttin new parts go on the JK needed or not.
My springs measure out 4 inche of lift exactly front and rear, I still have a rake which i like by the way, and dont plan on anymore until i get bumpers to fix any sag I get from them. I can stuff my tires with my 5.75 inch backspacing and have no issues with drivelines, or angles or any other stuff. When I assembled my lift I tested it and made sure it was set up properly with track bars, bumpstops, brake lines, and other small stuff alot of people overlook. So my suspension is tuned just they way I want it. That is all im my custom lift link in my signature.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:24 AM
JK Junkie

Ive got quite a few tools, but I guess I need some more.

The Teraflex site says 9/16 bolt. Mine is a 13/16" Can someone verify this?
Old 01-03-2009, 09:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Its 13/16 because I remember it is the biggest one i have in my portable tool set that I used.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:33 AM
JK Junkie

If I adjust the arms one full turn in, will I have to have it realigned?
Old 01-03-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Super Freak

The biggest difference comes from the transfer case in our Jeeps. X's and Sahara's front output is lower than that of a rubicon. That's why the Rubicon's have more clearance problems with the front drive shaft on the manual transmission linkage. The 1350 double cardon joint hits for sure with a manual on a Rubicon.

Quick Reply: Superlift help