Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superlift adjustable track bar - need some help...

Old 03-22-2010, 10:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superlift adjustable track bar - need some help...

I think my track bar has shifted somewhat...

Anyone thats running the Superlift 4" lift - can you post a pic of how your front track bar seats in the bracket? My heim joint is at a kind of extreme angle and it worries me. I have recently been getting a little bit more wobble when I'm driving and I am wondering if how the track bar is sitting in the bracket could be the culprit. Also, where is the hump part of your track bar at? If you look at the pic I posted below you can see the hump part I'm talking about, sorry but I couldn't find any better pic.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's a few pics I was able to snap, hopefully someone can chime in here on what to do...

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take it off and straighten it. Tighten your jamnut before you drop it in . Use a small crowbar or large screwdriverthrough the eye when its not in the axle mount to get it straight and hold it while you tighten the jamnut. Thats what I did to mine and it never twisted like that.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Take it off and straighten it. Tighten your jamnut before you drop it in . Use a small crowbar or large screwdriverthrough the eye when its not in the axle mount to get it straight and hold it while you tighten the jamnut. Thats what I did to mine and it never twisted like that.
yup, its just a heim, loosen it up, and tighten it back down...
Old 03-22-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same problem a while back and it got so bad my sway bar link bolts vibrated loose. Used an impact wrench to tighten them down and no more problems.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Thats what I figured... only problem is that its kind of rusted the way it is now...guess i'll be breaking out the PB blaster. What should I be torqueing the bolt to when i put it back on?? 120 lbs or so? more? less?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Nevermind, looks like it should be around 50 lb ft. Anyway - mkjeep - how do you have the hump part? You have it up and down or sorta forward? Does the angle of that little bend really matter?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:32 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joneszj
Nevermind, looks like it should be around 50 lb ft. Anyway - mkjeep - how do you have the hump part? You have it up and down or sorta forward? Does the angle of that little bend really matter?
That trackbar bolt should be 125ftlbs. I have the Tera trackbar on now. From what i remember the hump is up and a tad forward.It never contacted my diff cover or anything else. Where ever that hump is when you center that joint is where it goes. You may wanna check the threads good on that TB. I've heard of a few getting real rusty and the threads giving out causing that joint to have play, and or pulling out completely

Last edited by mkjeep; 03-22-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here you go it's a Black Diamond trackbar but since the are part of Superlift it's probably one in the same. Sorry about the pic quality as they were taken at night.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
That trackbar bolt should be 125ftlbs. I have the Tera trackbar on now. From what i remember the hump is up and a tad forward.It never contacted my diff cover or anything else. Where ever that hump is when you center that joint is where it goes. You may wanna check the threads good on that TB. I've heard of a few getting real rusty and the threads giving out causing that joint to have play, and or pulling out completely
Yeah, it looks damn rusty thats for sure. All the brown on there is rust... Looks like it rusting around the heim.

Depending on what I find, I may be ordering a JKS track bar or a Teraflex one if it looks like shit.

Quick Reply: Superlift adjustable track bar - need some help...