Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superlift 4" + 37s + 4.10's = WHAT ELSE!!!???

Old 02-27-2007, 06:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superlift 4" + 37s + 4.10's = WHAT ELSE!!!???

hey guys, new here, been searchin around quite a bit, and i think im gonna put a superlift 4" lift with 37" Toyo M/Ts.. I havent gotten the jeep yet but im looking at a silver sahara with 4.10 gears.

I will not be doing hard offroading, just some light modding and mostly city/hwy driving.

What else do you guys think i will need, iv heard about a possible new drive axle and such but i decided im gonna wait a while for that just because i wont need it right away. I also know im gonna need to trim a little bit to fit the tires.

MAIN QUESTION... for the type of driving i stated i will be doing, how do you think the 4.10 gears will do? im not a power hog, but do you think it will be good enough for daily driving!?

thanks, the nOOb
Old 02-27-2007, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have an auto or manual??

Either way you will need to get it regeared.

I have the auto, and have to drive with the overdrive button off, until I get it regeared
Old 02-27-2007, 07:05 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I can tell you from experience that 4.10's will work with 37's but you will completely loose your overdrive on the highways. IMHO, I would upgrade to 5.13's regardless of the type of driving you do.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

really ill need to get it regeared THAT bad!? whats better for it if not having regeared, auto or manuel?? I hant gotten the jeep yet, still decidein if i want manuel or auto?
Old 02-27-2007, 07:27 AM
JK Junkie

Typically, you are going to lose some power with an auto.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

so itd be best to get a manuel then right? that way the jeep wont downshift on me as much when on the freeway and such, ill do it all myself?
Old 02-27-2007, 07:36 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by suspect
really ill need to get it regeared THAT bad!? whats better for it if not having regeared, auto or manuel?? I hant gotten the jeep yet, still decidein if i want manuel or auto?
yes. I run 35's with my 6 speed and 4:10. you can barely use 6th on the highway. At every hill, i needs downshifted to keep speed.

with 37's its going to be slow.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

so then would a manuel or an auto be better for it?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Auto with the 4:10's and I was suprised, in fact I am not in as much of a hurry to re-gear as I thought I would be, I will be happy driving my 4:10's untill I feel there are enough options out there for gears, shafts and Lockers. This is my first auto Wrangler, I have owned a standard in an 81 CJ-7, 92 YJ, and 99 TJ and after using as my daily driver I am glad that I went with the Auto, all that shifting in traffic just sucks, and I am in traffic more than I am out Wheeling.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a manuel, 4:10's and 37" tires and I rarely have to down shift to 5th on the freeway. ofcourse I have to down shift going up a hill or two but the hills I am refering to are the ones I had to down shift with the stocks tires and no lift.
Infact after putting about 3500 miles on it since the lift and tires and after taking it on a couple of trails down in Moab I really don't think regearing is even on my priority list at all. As for a daily driver, I drive mine about 75 miles a day to work and back and wouldn't want to be driving anything else!

Quick Reply: Superlift 4" + 37s + 4.10's = WHAT ELSE!!!???