Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superlift???

Old 07-10-2012, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superlift???

What are your experiences with Superlift lifts? How is the quality? I am looking at exchanging my 2.5'' Teraflex coil lift for the 4" Superlift with shocks. I plan on running 35" tires on a 2012 4door Rubi.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2012 JK 4 door. When I purchased it the jeep dealer said that unless I had them install the lift it would void my suspension warranty. So I had them do it and the kit they used on it was a superlift 4 inch kit. It seems just fine, the shocks are Bilstine.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

I have a 4" superlift or had a 4" superlift , the only thing left is the springs the shocks are crap , but I have been happy with the springs no sag in over 5 years
Old 07-10-2012, 06:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The superlift basic shocks are junk. Get Bilsteins if you get the kit. The basic kit comes with cambolts for adjusting castor by slotting your control arms. Search this on here and decide for yourself if this is something you wish to do. The springs to ride good but don't hold weight very well. The adj tracbar that comes with the kit is junk and has come apart on people, came apart at the joint on a guy I sold mine to a month or to after he had it. Kit was only a little over a year old. I don't know if they have addressed this issue or not with a better TB/joint. The bumpstops are a hard poly material, it'll crack and fall apart after a year or so. Rear trackbar bracket has been improved upon I do believe, it should be welded on for reinforcement. I changed my Superlift out for a 4in Teraflex.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good to know. Thanks for the advice. I would get it through the dealer if it wasn't marked up 3 times as much. I believe they quoted me 4400 bucks for the long arm kit.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
The superlift basic shocks are junk. Get Bilsteins if you get the kit. The basic kit comes with cambolts for adjusting castor by slotting your control arms. Search this on here and decide for yourself if this is something you wish to do. The springs to ride good but don't hold weight very well. The adj tracbar that comes with the kit is junk and has come apart on people, came apart at the joint on a guy I sold mine to a month or to after he had it. Kit was only a little over a year old. I don't know if they have addressed this issue or not with a better TB/joint. The bumpstops are a hard poly material, it'll crack and fall apart after a year or so. Rear trackbar bracket has been improved upon I do believe, it should be welded on for reinforcement. I changed my Superlift out for a 4in Teraflex.
Yeah I forgot about the rear bracket mine broke at the axle bracket so I cut off the stock one a welded one on better and mounted the bracket back up

So in short the rear needs to welded on or get a different bracket , I just read what you posted a long arm superlift if that is so run run far

Quick Reply: Superlift???