Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superior Gears

Old 01-11-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superior Gears

Is anyone running Superior Gears? I am looking to put 5.38 in . . . looking for opinions . . . thanks
Old 01-11-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Yep, they are fine.

All JK gears are coming out of the same few factories overseas, none are US made - just reboxed for whoever is selling them. Compare price and warranty, then get whichever.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

ty, i figured they would be ok but just wanted to here from a someone or many.

getting the snow right now that you got yesturday . . . calling for a foot or so . . . joy
Old 01-11-2011, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can someone please settle this once and for all. I've heard Dave at Northridge mention in another post that no Jk gears are made in USA. My good friend just said he went ahead and bought a set of higher priced Superior gears, he went with superior rather than Yukon or other brands because he was told they were made in the USA. I think he even said it says so either on the box or somewhere else, though I have not inspected them.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Lots of companies may make 'gears' in the US, but there are no reports of 'JK' gears being made here.

Looking at their website, they started importing from non-US mfg's in 2004. Don't know which parts.

Also says:
So when you need to upgrade your ride, think Superior Axle and Gear where we still make axles in the USA!
So the 'axles' are US made, the gears are not?

Last edited by nthinuf; 01-11-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:06 PM
JK Junkie

I have um and like them a lot.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

To clarify a few things, the gears he bought are actualy for a ProRock 44 and a RJ 60. So that may be different.

Trending Topics

Old 01-11-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

I have been looking very hard for American made mods but they are very hard to come by. The Superior website site talks about American made but then goes on about making products affordable . . . so they have them made overseas and sent back to the US and repackaged . . . it's a very aggravating "global market"

I won't give up . . .
Old 01-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Red
JK Enthusiast

I guess if you use imported parts and imported partially assembled components and final assembly is done in America, you can still call it American made. Oh well. Last time I checked into it, Richmond Gear is the only one that actually makes the gears in the US, but that was a few years back. Now, as far as I know, they don't make gears for the JK. Though, I do know that they will make custom gears, though it is somewhat pricey, so if it really worth it, you could probably contact them.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's not false advertising if the "box" is indeed made in the "Good Ole U-S-n-A"

Quick Reply: Superior Gears