Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchps Flashpaq Detailed Options - maybe a sticky?

Old 03-02-2014, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchps Flashpaq Detailed Options - maybe a sticky?

Hi,

For the not too savvy (that includes me) I've put together a comprehensive list of options for 3870 & 3872 Flashcal I found on various threads, websites and viewing the sub-options on mine (3872). Superchip's descriptions are too vague and I didnt know what some of the features actual did or benefited. Need your help to validate or complete it. I posted on Wrangler Forum too to speed up the process.

In Italics: need to verify. Please comment.
Non Italics: should be complete but input welcome.

2012 - 2014* Jeep JK Wrangler Superchips Flashpaq# 3870 & 3872 (California)

Tuning levels
· 93 Performance: max gains 30 HP and 30 lb-ft TQ
· 91 Performance
· 87 Performance
· Tow
· Crawl
· SAVE (Mileage tune)

Custom Options & Features
·Speedometer and Odometer: Correct for tires between 22.5”- 44.25” and for gear /axle swaps up to 5.38: is it actual ratio (meaning you have to do math with larger or smaller tire)? Or does programmer know by your stock gear ratio with new tire??
· Auto Transmission: Corrects shifting when upgrading gears (transfer case and rear axle) between 2.00 - 10.00
· Axle Lock: Option to lock 4H front & rear axles (Rubicon Only) - use both lockers when in 4H and not just 4L
· Speed Limiter: OE is set at top speed of 99. Can be adjusted to 150
· Electric Fan: adjust for improved cooling
· Tire Pressure Monitoring System: select from xyz-xyz PSI or turn off when off-roading/crawling. Can someone very below?
o TPMS off-road option shut-off: Step 1 - hook the programmer to Jeep and lower the pressure number down to 10 and save. Step 2 - Go to the SuperChips.com and update TPMS function (purchase for fee). Step 3 – Program Jeep and now should be able to lower to 0, shutting off the TPMS light.

· DTC: Reads and clears diagnostic trouble codes and turns off “check engine” light
· Advanced data acquisition (what is this? Same as internet updateable?
· Internet updateable: get the latest firmware via PC/Laptop through Superchips.com
· Pedal Throttle: Several adjustment levels depending on which tune selected (Superchips, Moderate and Stock). Some tunes are preset.
· Lane Change “One-touch”: OE is 3 quick blinks when partially depressing turn signal. This option disables to blink once.
· Daytime Running Lights: activate you headlights or fog lights to illuminate when the vehicle is in gear and in motion. Options (low & high beams, turn signal, fogs, European (not sure what that is??, no running)
· Headlamp: adjust the delay time (0-120 sec) that your headlamps stay on after turning off the engine when they are set to the automatic mode on the stalk.
· Fog with High Beams: activate together
· Accessory: (delay 0, 45, 5min, 10min). What is that?
· Radio: extend/delay the time your radio turns off when ignition is turned off (immediately turns-off when doors opened?)
· Door Lock: horn chirp and exterior light flash options when locking doors with keyless entry
· ESP Stability: What does this option do? Disable? (2011-14 automatic transmission models only)
· Engine Idle: adjust for winching or running a compressor. Idle up can be performed real time.
· Engine Temp: change when thermostat opens?
· Rev Limiter: changes top speed limit to XYZ
· Data Logging: monitor and record individual “live” sensor values of computer data

Pros: (objective and subjective): better driveability improving throttle lag, shift points and shift pressures under load with bigger wheels, quicker throttle response, some experience “seat of the pants” power, some experience or have logged better fuel consumption
Cons: some have experienced decrease in MPG, no SOTP gain and death of Jeep ECU.

Hope this is useful. Once I have 80% of the input I'll start a new thread unless I can update the original. Format is a bit busy so I'll clean that up too.

Last edited by WranglerJA; 03-02-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

I see this is from 6 months ago. Curious if it got started as a new thread somewhere. Just got a flashpaq and would love details on what exactly the features do. All I can say so far is 91 performance setting has given me more noticeable power and slightly better gas mileage, as well. Haven't messed with anything else.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WranglerJA
Hi,

For the not too savvy (that includes me) I've put together a comprehensive list of options for 3870 & 3872 Flashcal I found on various threads, websites and viewing the sub-options on mine (3872). Superchip's descriptions are too vague and I didnt know what some of the features actual did or benefited. Need your help to validate or complete it. I posted on Wrangler Forum too to speed up the process.

In Italics: need to verify. Please comment.
Non Italics: should be complete but input welcome.

2012 - 2014* Jeep JK Wrangler Superchips Flashpaq# 3870 & 3872 (California)

Tuning levels
· 93 Performance: max gains 30 HP and 30 lb-ft TQ
· 91 Performance
· 87 Performance
· Tow
· Crawl
· SAVE (Mileage tune)

Custom Options & Features
·Speedometer and Odometer: Correct for tires between 22.5”- 44.25” and for gear /axle swaps up to 5.38: is it actual ratio (meaning you have to do math with larger or smaller tire)? Or does programmer know by your stock gear ratio with new tire??
· Auto Transmission: Corrects shifting when upgrading gears (transfer case and rear axle) between 2.00 - 10.00
· Axle Lock: Option to lock 4H front & rear axles (Rubicon Only) - use both lockers when in 4H and not just 4L
· Speed Limiter: OE is set at top speed of 99. Can be adjusted to 150
· Electric Fan: adjust for improved cooling
· Tire Pressure Monitoring System: select from xyz-xyz PSI or turn off when off-roading/crawling. Can someone very below?
o TPMS off-road option shut-off: Step 1 - hook the programmer to Jeep and lower the pressure number down to 10 and save. Step 2 - Go to the SuperChips.com and update TPMS function (purchase for fee). Step 3 – Program Jeep and now should be able to lower to 0, shutting off the TPMS light.

· DTC: Reads and clears diagnostic trouble codes and turns off “check engine” light
· Advanced data acquisition (what is this? Same as internet updateable?
· Internet updateable: get the latest firmware via PC/Laptop through Superchips.com
· Pedal Throttle: Several adjustment levels depending on which tune selected (Superchips, Moderate and Stock). Some tunes are preset.
· Lane Change “One-touch”: OE is 3 quick blinks when partially depressing turn signal. This option disables to blink once.
· Daytime Running Lights: activate you headlights or fog lights to illuminate when the vehicle is in gear and in motion. Options (low & high beams, turn signal, fogs, European (not sure what that is??, no running)
· Headlamp: adjust the delay time (0-120 sec) that your headlamps stay on after turning off the engine when they are set to the automatic mode on the stalk.
· Fog with High Beams: activate together
· Accessory: (delay 0, 45, 5min, 10min). What is that?
· Radio: extend/delay the time your radio turns off when ignition is turned off (immediately turns-off when doors opened?)
· Door Lock: horn chirp and exterior light flash options when locking doors with keyless entry
· ESP Stability: What does this option do? Disable? (2011-14 automatic transmission models only)
· Engine Idle: adjust for winching or running a compressor. Idle up can be performed real time.
· Engine Temp: change when thermostat opens?
· Rev Limiter: changes top speed limit to XYZ
· Data Logging: monitor and record individual “live” sensor values of computer data

Pros: (objective and subjective): better driveability improving throttle lag, shift points and shift pressures under load with bigger wheels, quicker throttle response, some experience “seat of the pants” power, some experience or have logged better fuel consumption
Cons: some have experienced decrease in MPG, no SOTP gain and death of Jeep ECU.

Hope this is useful. Once I have 80% of the input I'll start a new thread unless I can update the original. Format is a bit busy so I'll clean that up too.

I will post an update for anyone that has purchased one of these devices!
As of April 24th, 2016 and UN-ANNOUNCED from SUPERCHIPS, it is now no longer available to anyone that keeps their software up-to-date ( in other words oif you upgrade to the latest device firmware they put out) , you no longer are able to have Data Logging: monitor and record individual “live” sensor values of computer data as Superchips feel these older devices are no longer capable of the size file it takes to display PID and sensor data output information. These files are TOO BIG- I write code for mobile devices for a living and if you have not detected my tone here, this is an utter falicy. There is no file caching that is done that is 'too large' for sensor output like this that cannot be purged via a device power cycle reset.
At any rate, this is official as I was told directly by a support rep named Dakota there this afternoon that they decided that any flashcal that has purchased this upgrade to Data Acquisition or any Flashpaq 3872 that came with the Data Logging option will no longer have this function AFTER IT IS UPDATED. You can have these features by buying an entire new device, per Superchips.
How bout them apples?
Super customer centric move, Superchips!

Quick Reply: Superchps Flashpaq Detailed Options - maybe a sticky?