Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips vs. AC

Old 08-14-2010, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips vs. AC

So... I've got my SuperChips Tuner. Awesome thing, it is. My air conditioner is now doin' some funky stuff like not working.

I depress the AC button, the indicator light comes on but no AC. When I hit the button again, the AC compressor seems to kick on then immediately back off.

I reset the tune back to stock. AC does the same thing.

Did the Superchips burn something out?

I hate dealing with the dealers... especially with a modified vehicle.

Last edited by Stoneaxe; 08-14-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: I hate dealers.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's doubtful that this is related to the superchips. It's probably just a coincidence. The superchips is just overwritting portions of your ECU's memory where the fueling maps, ignition maps and throttle maps live. If it was related to the superchips I would expect the behaviour to return to normal when you flashed back to stock.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Likely just coincidence. You're compressor is behaving like the refrigerant level is too low of a pressure and the compressor is kicking off to protect itself. Might have a leak somewhere.

Quick Reply: Superchips vs. AC