Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Traildash worth it?

Old 07-27-2014, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trail dash to left with mount that came with it, Day star phone mount in center stack. As for traildash, I have 2012 MW3 (Rubicon)...lockers in 4H are nice but correcting speedo for 34" tires and shift point adjustment is better. Makes driving Jeep more fun day to day on street. Maybe picked up 1 MPG, so I dont see value there but I use the 93 tune most of the time and pickup and 0-60 speed is very noticeable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140727_163908.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	567837
Old 07-27-2014, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Definitely worth it. Big difference for me in everyday drive ability. I'm running the mid level tune for a 2013 and 35's with 3.73 gears. I spend 80+ miles a day on the highway and have gotten 3mpg better with more power and better throttle response. I've got 4 other buddies that went and bought them after they drove mine. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2926215797.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	567866

Last edited by yep1tsme; 07-27-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

I definitely agree it's worth it. If you're looking to save some money and have an android phone, check out the Superchips Vivid Linq

https://superchips.com/products/vivi...138750-138750/

As far as I'm aware, it has all the same functionality as the TrailDash (even EAS support) but is roughly $150 less. I've had issues connecting the bluetooth a few times, but trying again always seems to work. Other than that, it's been great, and I love it! My Jeep's certainly got more pickup and is more fun to drive on the road now. Besides the tune, I also adjusted tire size and disabled TPMS. I might have gained 1-2 mpg or so, but that wasn't what I was after anyways. Given all that, I think it's definitely cool to have.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:19 PM
JK Newbie

Don't forget shop around. Price is pretty much controlled by the manufacturer however retailers might throw an incentive or two your way. And every now and then they might price match someone breaking the rules who posts it online for cheap.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I have a stock 2014 jk and definitely looking to get the traildash, but also looking at new exhaust and intake. Is it worth getting the traildash first or exhaust and intake first or does it really not matter?
Old 03-07-2015, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ryanwhit
I definitely agree it's worth it. If you're looking to save some money and have an android phone, check out the Superchips Vivid Linq

https://superchips.com/products/vivi...138750-138750/

As far as I'm aware, it has all the same functionality as the TrailDash (even EAS support) but is roughly $150 less. I've had issues connecting the bluetooth a few times, but trying again always seems to work. Other than that, it's been great, and I love it! My Jeep's certainly got more pickup and is more fun to drive on the road now. Besides the tune, I also adjusted tire size and disabled TPMS. I might have gained 1-2 mpg or so, but that wasn't what I was after anyways. Given all that, I think it's definitely cool to have.
I realize this is an old thread, but I want to retract what I said a bit.

The Vivid Linq WAS awesome...until I got a new phone. Then the gauges didn't work at all and everything else generally got really buggy. Tried updating the software with no luck. Called Superchips, and they basically said they stopped supporting the Vivid Linq, so it's not really compatible with newer Android versions (tuning still worked fine, but not much else). Womp :-/

Luckily, Superchips agreed to let me send them the Vivid Linq and upgrade to a TrailDash for a nominal charge, even though the Vivid Linq is basically extinct at this point. Love the customer service!

And I gotta say, now that I tried both, the TrailDash is amazing and definitely worth the extra expense. I wish I had just bought it from the start.

In a nutshell...I love the TrailDash and definitely think it's worth the cost since it does so much. And now that I know Superchips has great customer service, I'm even more inclined to recommend it.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:54 PM
JK Newbie

Like my trail dash for a number of reasons. 1 had busted the electric sway bar on my rubicon so had the light on all the time. i had a procal first and it worked to turn it off but i also wanted some gauges as i run an auto. hence the traildash.. really like it for that and added a $14 camera from amazon that has night vision and its a great set up. my millage increased not because of a tune but you can have a nice real time MPG screen and it helps me keep my foot out of it.. All in all a nice bit of kit if you looking for something like it. you can also have DRL set up too. it does a bunch of stuff. if it got stolen or broke i would get another one ASAP...

Quick Reply: Superchips Traildash worth it?