Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Question

Old 03-19-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XBlacky08X
Originally Posted by 07 JK "bullfrog"
I have 37's and a 4" lift. I have it on the 87 performance tune and get 18 mpg! Tottlay worth the money. Call superchips and ask
Hmmm, well you must have some sort of factory freak then because 18mpg on 37's with a 4" lift seems pretty high. I don't even get that with stock tires and a 2.5" lift with superchips
I guess I forgot to add that I have a volant cold air intake. Most people think I'm bullshitting about it but I'm freaking serious!
Old 03-19-2011, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's my math ---- 246 miles / 15 gallons = 16.2 ish? Ok so that's not 18mpg, but all those 246 miles were ALL s-turn backroads. NO highway travel.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

So digging up a (sort of) old thread since I was about to ask what I think the OP's original question was...

I updated last night and am on V1.21.08. Under the tunes sections I do have an "87 Octane" listed, but do not have "Performance 87" listed. So specifically...

***Is the tune option on the programmer itself named "87 Octane", the same thing that is listed in the manual (under the Jeep Power Levels section) as "87 Performance"?***

My confusion arrises because an earlier part of the manual (under the Tunes section) refers to an "87 Octane" tune - which decribes it as optimizer for 91 octane vehicles. Which is different than what the decription for "Performance 87". I'm looking to install the "Performance 87".
Old 04-19-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RRauzer
So digging up a (sort of) old thread since I was about to ask what I think the OP's original question was...

I updated last night and am on V1.21.08. Under the tunes sections I do have an "87 Octane" listed, but do not have "Performance 87" listed. So specifically...

***Is the tune option on the programmer itself named "87 Octane", the same thing that is listed in the manual (under the Jeep Power Levels section) as "87 Performance"?***

My confusion arrises because an earlier part of the manual (under the Tunes section) refers to an "87 Octane" tune - which decribes it as optimizer for 91 octane vehicles. Which is different than what the decription for "Performance 87". I'm looking to install the "Performance 87".
I hear ya RRauzer, I just got my SC today and was trying to find the 87 Performance tune after I updated my device to the latest version. My thoughts are they interchange the definition but there is only one 87 tune.

When you reviewed your vehicle stats did your tuner calibrate your speedo to 30.75" tires? I have a stock 2010 JKU Rubi and I needed to manually change my tire size to 32".

Man my JK finally "woke up". It had sluggish throttle response and I was getting annoyed. This tuner saved my sanity!
Old 04-19-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone else lack the throttle response settings? ECHO has them, I do not. Both tuners were bought, updated and installed within a week of each other. His is an 08, mine is a 10. Definitely confused as to why the defference!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DanOMite

When you reviewed your vehicle stats did your tuner calibrate your speedo to 30.75" tires? I have a stock 2010 JKU Rubi and I needed to manually change my tire size to 32".

Man my JK finally "woke up". It had sluggish throttle response and I was getting annoyed. This tuner saved my sanity!
30.75 is your factory setting because your 32" tires aren't really 32".
Old 04-19-2011, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubi 2sday

30.75 is your factory setting because your 32" tires aren't really 32".
Thanks! I just ran out to change it back.

Man this forum rules!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks! I just ran out to change it back.

Man this forum rules!

The way I see most folks recommending you have the correct settings is by using a GPS and verifying that the speed on the Jeep's speedometer matches the speed displayed by the GPS device. ;-)
Old 04-19-2011, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hear ya RRauzer, I just got my SC today and was trying to find the 87 Performance tune after I updated my device to the latest version. My thoughts are they interchange the definition but there is only one 87 tune.

So, I subsequently read on the Superchips forum, from the Superchips forum rep:

"87 tune is the 87 perf tune"

Yea, I've noticed a pleasant improvement in throttle response too!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Ran an interesting test this week. It finally warmed up and I had a long road trip (1400 km) so I filled with 91 octane and put the Superchips on 91 tune. Response was very good but I wanted to see if I got any fuel savings. After 1100 km on premium the gauge read 10.2 L/100km. Calc'd by hand it worked out to 10.7. Last tank I switched it to 87 octane, both in the tank and the tuner. The last 300km the gauge averaged 10.8. Didn't refill yet. It does seem to run a bit smoother on premium but I'm not seeing the fuel savings that others are seeing on the 91 tune.

Quick Reply: Superchips Question