Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

superchips question

Old 01-01-2011, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default superchips question

hey everyone i was just wondering all you guys that have superchips what tune gives you the most gains?
Old 01-01-2011, 02:34 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

It varies by vehicle, transmission, area, which gas station you use, which fuels are available to you, etc. Try them all and see which works best for 'you'.

For me, on my 4door auto w 5.13's and 35's, driving up and down the front range in Colorado, the 87 tune/gas gives better performance than the 91 tune/gas. Tow tune/91 gas has better shift points and performance, but worse mpg's than 87 tune and of course more expensive gas.

So as stated, try them and see what works for you...
Old 01-01-2011, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got 6 spd 3.21's in central illinois. I've had the best luck with the 87 tune. It even gave me better milage than the milage xs tune. I saw 20 mpg for the first time. I believe that's because i can use sixth gear now. with the 3.21's, 6th wasn't really an option before.

Quick Reply: superchips question