Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Help

Old 10-13-2016, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Help

Hey all, I recently upgraded my Flashcal to Flashpaq, but I'm concerned and have a few questions for those of you who have done the same. I went to do the upgrade and it failed several times at first. Once I was able to complete the upgrade I got the following screens.

Click image for larger version

Name:	14724061_1470778812937870_1355255559_o.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	658866Click image for larger version

Name:	14724085_1470778769604541_1636465508_o.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	658863Click image for larger version

Name:	14647478_1470778776271207_1659356909_o.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	658864Click image for larger version

Name:	14723999_1470778789604539_528200490_o.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	658865

After I saw these screens mentioning "Dodge" and various engines that the JK doesn't have I called Superchips to verify and I got a very short/rude response from one of the tech guys "Dodge is the same as Jeep, is that all?" So after feeling like a complete idiot, I asked him if there was anything else we could verify to ensure I had the proper software, and he said "no" without even asking the S/N or version numbers or anything. Granted maybe he is correct and I do have the right stuff, but a few extra mins to verify would have made me feel better.

Now onto the issues/questions, after "flashing" my JK I have noticed that my radio sounds really neutral now. I have upgraded speakers, so I went into the settings and noticed that it brought all my equalizer settings back to stock, as well as the fade, while not a big deal, it doesn't sound like my sub is working at all, and the other speakers have hardly any bass, previously it was really good and well distributed, even after messing with the EQ, it still sounds really basic.

Then I also noticed that my AC has a mind of it's own. I will have it set on NO AC with re circulation, and when I turn the Jeep off, then back on a few mins later the recirc is off and the AC has turned back on, as if it's on defrost.

In addition to the two above "strange things" previously my TPMS was turned "offroad" and I never got any type of notifcation. Since the flash it now says 0 for all the PSI, but I get a message every time I start up that says "CHECK TPMS" and it will not go away until I change the display screen in the evic.

Something just doesn't seem right, so I'm asking the JK world if anyone else has encountered this, and or if your screens say the same as mine or if you have different things showing up when you plug yours in.

I find it extremely weird that it's has a screen that says 5.7 and 6.2 and mentions a Diesel, Car etc.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-16-2016, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can anyone confirm those are what their screens look like when they plug their Flashpaq in?
Old 10-17-2016, 12:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That programmer must be for a dodge pickup with a hemi
Old 10-17-2016, 02:06 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Not the screens I have seen on my flashcal/flashpaq.

From my experience, most of their tech support people are a total waste of time. Maybe just bad luck, but I kept getting people who didn't have a clue on any issue that went even slightly outside of the script they have in front of them. So just a suggestion, when you are told that they will look into your issue and get back to you, don't expect to hear from them again. Just keep calling until you find that one guy who doesn't have his head buried up his own ass...

My opinion, anyway, based on three different problems with two different products and an upgrade.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Not the screens I have seen on my flashcal/flashpaq.

From my experience, most of their tech support people are a total waste of time. Maybe just bad luck, but I kept getting people who didn't have a clue on any issue that went even slightly outside of the script they have in front of them. So just a suggestion, when you are told that they will look into your issue and get back to you, don't expect to hear from them again. Just keep calling until you find that one guy who doesn't have his head buried up his own ass...

My opinion, anyway, based on three different problems with two different products and an upgrade.

Awesome, Thank You! I appreciate your input!
Old 10-17-2016, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get them on the phone and have them send you the correct file for your Jeep. Once you give them the device serial # they can attach the correct files needed so when you plug it into their program it will find your device and start downloading the correct files they sent you.
You will need to go back to stock first
Old 10-17-2016, 01:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I recently had to reset my tune due to having to remove the tune for a dealer flash. I was in contact via email with SC and they had me verify the tuner had the "gas truck db788" before doing the tune. It failed and they had me flash the flashpaq again and verify this time I had "gas truck db789", which as a former IT guy, I assume is Database Version 789. I did and the tune completed successfully.

Last edited by 14Sport; 10-17-2016 at 01:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Superchips Help