Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Flaspaq updates ?

Old 10-30-2011, 03:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Flaspaq updates ?

I purchased a Superchips Flaspaq for my 2010 Unlimited rubi in June, installed one of the "pre-installed tunes" am fairly satisfied with the performance.....my question is, are there periodic updates that need to be done on the programmer, and if so how do you go about this????thanks
Old 10-30-2011, 03:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

plug it into to your computer and install the software onto your computer and update your superchip as often as needed.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I see what the OP is asking, and it's something I've wondered too. How often does SC update their software in general? I have the 87 tune, but what if they put out an update that fixes or makes my 87 tune somehow more efficient? That's something I'd like to know. But I'm not going to plug my tuner in ever week to my computer to see if there are updates. I wonder if there are any update announcements that you can subscribe to?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great question. Subscribed.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did plug mine in tonight to see if there were any updates and sure enough there were. I had to re-program to disable my TPMS and for my bigger wheels anyway, so I figured I'd sync it up. As a software engineer myself, I know that I'm constantly fixing bugs, etc. in software. I know they must tweak things here and there and release firmware updates for their tunes. I will re-apply my tune when I disable the TPMS and adjust for my wheel size.

I also noticed they have an advanced shifting add-on that you can buy for like $40 now. I wonder if that's worth the money?
Old 11-03-2011, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Finally got a buyer for my old tires and wheels, this is what I’m buying with that loot! Subscribed!
Old 11-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Superchips Representative

Originally Posted by rubi3
I see what the OP is asking, and it's something I've wondered too. How often does SC update their software in general? I have the 87 tune, but what if they put out an update that fixes or makes my 87 tune somehow more efficient? That's something I'd like to know. But I'm not going to plug my tuner in every week to my computer to see if there are updates. I wonder if there are any update announcements that you can subscribe to?
Updates are provided whenever Jeep creates new engine or transmission calibration files to their system or when Superchips received an issue from a user with existing files that require the engineer to retune the file in question. Unless you are experiencing an issue with the product or have been in for a recall at the dealership requiring the product to be updated there is no need to update tuning level files often.

Don’t forget to always remove your tuning before visiting a dealership to protect your investment and keep the files from being wiped out if a computer recall is performed.

Originally Posted by rubi3
I also noticed they have an advanced shifting add-on that you can buy for like $40 now. I wonder if that's worth the money?
There are additional features that are available to download online worth checking out. Some of these features have a a fee attached and some are free.

The Advanced trans Tuning feature mentioned in this thread listed at $40 provides users with automatic transmissions the ability to customize their shift points throughout the RPM range up and down as well as at different pedal positions (percentages).

It's a great feature for those wanting to customize their transmission shifts to their specific needs.

Any questions do not hesitate to let me know here or through PM.

Scott
Old 12-19-2011, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
Updates are provided whenever Jeep creates new engine or transmission calibration files to their system or when Superchips received an issue from a user with existing files that require the engineer to retune the file in question. Unless you are experiencing an issue with the product or have been in for a recall at the dealership requiring the product to be updated there is no need to update tuning level files often.

Don’t forget to always remove your tuning before visiting a dealership to protect your investment and keep the files from being wiped out if a computer recall is performed.

There are additional features that are available to download online worth checking out. Some of these features have a a fee attached and some are free.

The Advanced trans Tuning feature mentioned in this thread listed at $40 provides users with automatic transmissions the ability to customize their shift points throughout the RPM range up and down as well as at different pedal positions (percentages).

It's a great feature for those wanting to customize their transmission shifts to their specific needs.

Any questions do not hesitate to let me know here or through PM.

Scott
Hey Scott,
I just saw this advanced transmission tuning on the Superchips site. Does it help with the constant in and out of overdrive that occurs at interstate speeds and the slightest change in terrain?
Old 12-20-2011, 05:30 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Superchips Representative

Yes, it will allow you to customize each shift point from part throttle all the way up to WOT. It will allow you the ability to extend or reduce the gear prior to OD to remove the annoyance.

Scott

Originally Posted by Calypso
Hey Scott,
I just saw this advanced transmission tuning on the Superchips site. Does it help with the constant in and out of overdrive that occurs at interstate speeds and the slightest change in terrain?
Old 12-21-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
Yes, it will allow you to customize each shift point from part throttle all the way up to WOT. It will allow you the ability to extend or reduce the gear prior to OD to remove the annoyance.

Scott
Thanks Scott. If you say it works then I will buy the addition.

Quick Reply: Superchips Flaspaq updates ?