Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Flashpaq, will cryslter know you used one?

Old 08-19-2011, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if Jeeps use the new type Bosch PCM like GM uses in the Duramax trucks, they probably can. I know on the Diesels, the dealer can see the last 10 tunes that have been on the truck with no way to erase them.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Unhappy

Originally Posted by jkmountain
Well if Jeeps use the new type Bosch PCM like GM uses in the Duramax trucks, they probably can. I know on the Diesels, the dealer can see the last 10 tunes that have been on the truck with no way to erase them.
OUCH that's not good
Old 08-22-2011, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Okay everyone...talked to my friend who is the service manager at the local jeep stealership. He said as long as you return the programmer back to the default settings they will not know. They don't take the time to pry into the software. If there is an update for the pcm, make sure to return to default settings or you will lose everything. When you change setting the default software is stored in the programmer...
Old 08-26-2011, 07:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Okay everyone...talked to my friend who is the service manager at the local jeep stealership. He said as long as you return the programmer back to the default settings they will not know. They don't take the time to pry into the software. If there is an update for the pcm, make sure to return to default settings or you will lose everything. When you change setting the default software is stored in the programmer...
Thanks for keeping us informed!

Quick Reply: Superchips Flashpaq, will cryslter know you used one?