Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Flashpaq - Update List

Old 10-08-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the shift point settings are all adjusted under the advanced tab in your programmer or at least they were in my old truck. Make sure you know what your doing if your playing around with them.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here's my story on it. 6 speed manual and lifted my jeep on 35 x 12.5 17r. ran 91 octane with the program on my super chip and my jeep didn't feel like a slug anymore. I also did my exhaust and intake. All of these components made me have to drive careful so I wouldn't spin my expensive tires. I also have my esp disabled I know that holds back some power as well. Running 4.10s on a 07 jeep jk x
Old 11-08-2013, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JK Superchip still not ready

Was at my local 4WD store and they talked me into buying the long awaited Pentastar JK Superchip.... Said I got the first one.... didn't work. Superchip said I have a few extra lines of code and are working on my vehicle file to compare with what they have. If your considering for your 12 or 13, hold off for a bit.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeep Punisher
Was at my local 4WD store and they talked me into buying the long awaited Pentastar JK Superchip.... Said I got the first one.... didn't work. Superchip said I have a few extra lines of code and are working on my vehicle file to compare with what they have. If your considering for your 12 or 13, hold off for a bit.
Thought they had it all cracked??
Old 11-10-2013, 04:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have 3 JKs. I put a Flashpaq on the 08 JKU shortly after they came out for the 08. I found it made a huge difference in driveability. 0 throttle lag as well. And I honestly don't care what anyone says but when my 08 on 91 octane and 35s can outrun our 09 2dr without a tuner on 87, the proof is in the pudding. All three of our Jeeps now run Flashpaq's.
I've spent the last 3 years alternately driving a JKU with the Flashpaq and a Jk without. There is a difference. My JKU gets better mileage as well.

Nay Sayers for premium it's evident have just never driven a vehicle properly turned to run 91-93 octane. What I will agree on is - don't bother running 91 octane on the factory 87 tune, that's a waste of money.

So bottom line, the Flashpaq is no miracle cure for the lack of gearing in the 3.8L However, it does make it more fun to drive and by allowing you to properly run premium fuel, gain a little bit of mileage.

In order to program the shift points more then that provided with each tune, you must purchase the shift adjust program separately.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Loveit
How do I change the shift points with the flash pac I have one in my 08 it has the 3.8 with an auto trans I have to turn the overdrive off while driving to keep it from kicking in and out of overdrive it also has 373 gears
To change the shift points, you will need to purchase the separate unlock on the flashpaq. I have yet to do this myself. I think it runs about $40.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Got mine for my 2013 JKU yesterday and it all worked fine, well the second time it did. The first time after lots and lots of waiting and pushing buttons it gave me an error code GD03 or something like that and told me to call superchips, but then I just tried again and it worked perfectly. I am running the Mileages XS tune first, on my way to work which is 11 miles half interstate half stop and go and 35 MPH speed limit I got 20 MPG on 35" tires with 2.5 lift! It really seems to run smoother, and I felt like it had more power and then emailed and verified that it does add some horsepower and torque but Superchips has never measured how much. Now I want to take a road trip to see what it actually does on just Highway.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:17 PM
JK Freak

has anyone ever bothered putting the jeep on a dyno before and after tune? Is there more info available somewhere? I have an 08 Auto and I bought the flashpaq when I went to 33s. I too became a doubter of the 93 tune and so I started playing around with different settings. I put the jeep back to stock and that's when I felt the difference. I had just become used to having stock like performance with 33s and I took the flashpaq for granted. It does make the jeep "feel" faster/more responsive. I am in the middle of a re-gear to 5.38s and upgrade to 38" tires so Im interested to see what the before and after feel like. I'm going to de tune first, then empty my tank, re fill with 93 and re up my tune. I might try a few 0-60 runs to see if there's any difference. Will post results soon.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeep Punisher
Worked fine on my 2012. Make sure you plug it into spark to update. Felt a difference immediately, running the 87 tune. Will wait for summer before trying the 91. Had the flashpaq on my 2010 as well and felt the tow tune to be the best one. Running 35s with the tune with 4.10s felt like I was stock again running 32s. Definitely helps restore lost power.
Can't seem to find the shift points adjustment however. Will plug it back in to spark and see if theres an upgrade for it.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Can I just update my old red colored flashpaq that I had for my 06 and 08 for my 2012 jeep? I'm not sure if I need to buy a new one or just update my old one

Quick Reply: Superchips Flashpaq - Update List