Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Flashpaq - Update List

Old 10-06-2013, 11:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up a flashpaq a few months back on some advice from a club member and it was the best thing I've done to my jeep yet! The 93 tune with the right gas made it feel like brand new and almost as if I had regeared! I'm running a 3.25" lift and 33" MTRs with a 6 Spd and 3.21 gears and the flashpaq was a huge improvement. I've since dropped the tune down to the 91 tune to save a little at the pump, but still have more power and better mpg's as well. I tried out the crawl tune last month on some trails I've been to before and all I can say is WOW!!! again, it felt like I had already swapped the gears out! that thing makes such a big difference in the drive ability both on and off road! And the best part was that I snagged mine on eBay for about half off @ 162 shipped! Best mod/purchase for my jeep so far!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm I have an 08 Rubi manual, 4.10 and 35's and I will admit I didn't experience the "WOW" factor that you did. I've ran all the tunes and have settled on the 87 tune. For the price of fuel and all the benefits, if any, I saw from the other tunes it wasn't worth the extra cost. It did however fix my speedo for the larger tires and a few other features like TPMS but certainly didn't make it feel like I re-geared. I could however see some benefits for those with an auto vs. 6spd but I wouldn't get excited and expect big things.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree with the above post. I have an 09 with 35s and 373s and besides changing the speedo I never really noticed a difference in performance. Just yesterday I returned back to stock tune for an inspecton and did not notice a difference. I always ran the 87 tune, maybe the 91 or 93 tunes will be different
Old 10-07-2013, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by stefel22
I have to agree with the above post. I have an 09 with 35s and 373s and besides changing the speedo I never really noticed a difference in performance. Just yesterday I returned back to stock tune for an inspecton and did not notice a difference. I always ran the 87 tune, maybe the 91 or 93 tunes will be different
Let me know if you feel any differences with the higher tunes of 91 and 93. I have been running the 87 and can maybe feel a little bit of a difference. The biggest for me was the shift points with an auto. I feel as if it shifts completely differently and much more smoothly especially going up long hills (like when I'm driving to Vegas).
Old 10-07-2013, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think the extra 2" on the tires must be making a difference there. It's not like I added a supercharger or a hemi, but it's definitely a noticeable improvement over what I was suffering with before!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EHarris
Let me know if you feel any differences with the higher tunes of 91 and 93. I have been running the 87 and can maybe feel a little bit of a difference. The biggest for me was the shift points with an auto. I feel as if it shifts completely differently and much more smoothly especially going up long hills (like when I'm driving to Vegas).
The only noticeable difference you will feel is how much lighter your wallet feels after leaving the gas pump. There is no need to run premium fuel in my opinion.

I have a 6spd but I can see how the tuning for shift points would be beneficial for those with autos.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

How do I change the shift points with the flash pac I have one in my 08 it has the 3.8 with an auto trans I have to turn the overdrive off while driving to keep it from kicking in and out of overdrive it also has 373 gears
Old 10-07-2013, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I 100% agree with you. I just recently upgrade mine and had the tranny temp added! I spend some time trying to figure out what was updated! I mean everything else you update usually comes with a list of what is new or corrected. Like POS iOS7. Lol. Well if they email you back starting what was changed or added. Please post it
Old 10-07-2013, 03:07 PM
JK Freak

The bottom end jump from the 87 to 91 tune was noticeable. Jeep also drives smoother and 91 doesnt contain ethanol ( canadian ). Ethanol is an engine killer, its very dirty and can cause fuel component damage. Despite what people say, ethanol is brutal. I worked in the fuel industry and we noticed problems almost overnight. Thats why i run 91 too.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Loveit
How do I change the shift points with the flash pac I have one in my 08 it has the 3.8 with an auto trans I have to turn the overdrive off while driving to keep it from kicking in and out of overdrive it also has 373 gears
Just running the 87, 91 or 93 tune changes the shift points. To my knowledge. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Quick Reply: Superchips Flashpaq - Update List