Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Flashpaq - Update List

Old 10-05-2013, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Flashpaq - Update List

I looked on the Superchips site and also through the Superchips forum and could not find anything related to a comprehensive list of what is actually being updated when you go to the internet to update your tuner. I guess you just plug it in and update, then re-tune your jeep. I was just curious if some of the tunes were re-mapped, or if extra features were added. It would be nice to know what you are feeding into your jeep.

While I am on the topic, does anyone know if there is actually a difference between the tow tune and 87 tune for manual transmissions? What is actually being changed from stock for each of these?

I've read lots of threads with differing opinions, but it all seems to be based on butt-dynos. Some hard info would be great!

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Subscribed
Old 10-05-2013, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ditto!
Subscribed

Sent from my free Obama iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 10-05-2013, 08:19 PM
JK Super Freak

What prompted me was that I had not updated for over a year. So today I plugged it in, downloaded the "Spark" software and let it run. It said that there was an update available, but there were no details anywhere about what the update actually was.

Then when you actually start looking for info on tunes and dyno results etc. there really isn't anything available, unless you email them directly. Don't get me wrong, I love the flashpaq for what it does, including changing tire size, reading codes and adjusting the idle for winching and charging up a second battery, but a little more factual info on the tunes would really help.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Ok I wrote Superchips an email last night. Hopefully I will hear something this week.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The jeep flashpaq page is vague because it refers to the JK and TJ. Thats why they dont put up any numbers. My understanding is 20hp/24tq with 93 tune on jk and 24/24 on tj.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Yea I have seen those overall numbers, but no specifics. At what rpm, etc are they getting gains, and difference between tunes? Hopefully we'll see.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

I can tell you for certain, the 91 tune picked up some nice bottom end. Overall drivability around town is improved.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by courtsm3
I can tell you for certain, the 91 tune picked up some nice bottom end. Overall drivability around town is improved.
X2^^^^ I have had the Flashpaq on my 08 for 3 years and love it.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:56 PM
JK Freak

I actually had a DS Trinity and it was ok. Jeep picked up only slight improvements and it had no daytime running light options ( running LED ) because they flicker with daytimes. ( no choice in canada ). So i dumped it and got the procal. Did everything it claims. Great buy. But i found out after some nasty misfiring that my plugs were way out of gap. Largest was .68!! So my trinity was fine, it was my plugs crapping out. Anyways new plugs and got the superchips with the new options for 11' and im happy with it so far. No regrets, just wish i could magically picked up 50hp lol.

Quick Reply: Superchips Flashpaq - Update List