Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Flashpaq runs---Auto Tranny.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beadbus
I have an automatic, and YES we have ARB front & rear bumpers, warn dual force heavy winch in front and side rails and lot of hitches.... Yes I have some weight.

Sometime we have 2-motorcycle in the rear receiver... 600-700 LBS too, but the power needs are all the time..

Thanks for all your info.

Steve
I noticed you also have a 4 dr and it sounds like you are equipped like I am - that means heavy. I'd go with the 5.13's even if you still have 32's. Your rpm would be 2787 at 75 mph and would be much better for your towing than the 2600 I'm at with 35's. If you are going to go bigger than 32's go with 5.38's.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chuck45
I noticed you also have a 4 dr and it sounds like you are equipped like I am - that means heavy. I'd go with the 5.13's even if you still have 32's. Your rpm would be 2787 at 75 mph and would be much better for your towing than the 2600 I'm at with 35's. If you are going to go bigger than 32's go with 5.38's.
Now that I am going to move forward to locate a shop that specializes in re-gearing, and I better off buying and having them installed at the local 4x4 store (multi stores) or am I better to locate a gear shop?
Any idea of the total cost? and are their going to be other cost factors to consider like Speedo or more?
You've been very helpful and now I have to make the move. Would this be the right time to get the SuperChip with the 30-day return (no-hassle guarantee)?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by beadbus
Now that I am going to move forward to locate a shop that specializes in re-gearing, and I better off buying and having them installed at the local 4x4 store (multi stores) or am I better to locate a gear shop?
Any idea of the total cost? and are their going to be other cost factors to consider like Speedo or more?
You've been very helpful and now I have to make the move. Would this be the right time to get the SuperChip with the 30-day return (no-hassle guarantee)?
I'm partial to having it done at a 4x4 shop because they seem to do more regearing than anybody else. Driveline shops can be good if they are more than a drivesahft shop. As for 4x4 shops I'm more partial to independants than chains. I would tend to have the shop that does the install also supply the gears so they will "own" everything if there was a problem.

The 4x4 shop that did mine does gears on a daily basis and takes the time to get them set properly. Talk to folks in your local Jeep club and get references. I understand Mel at ORE does gears at a good price and he certainly has the experience.

Cost? A low af 1300 to a high of 1800 I imagine. Get the Superchip so you can correct for the gear ratio after regearing. If you don't the computer won't choose shift points properly.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:49 AM
JK Junkie

Just curious as to how well people with the Superchips like the shift points?

How are they functioning at part throttle, somewhat higher rpm than stock, better shift firmness?

Also somewhere I saw someone had mentioned the converter locking up earlier, which on my truck has always proved to be beneficial. The sooner it locks up the better my efficiency and fuel mileage seems to be.

Although I have a 6 speed on my Jeep I'm interested in hearing some feedback as the team that is working on the Jeep Flashpaq will also be doing the updates for Hemi Ram. Certainly a different set of issues out of the factory but much the same Chrysler PCM and lots of interchangeable data and user preferences to be shared back and forth.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Who is ORE?. I live in Southern California....

Quick Reply: Superchips Flashpaq runs---Auto Tranny.