Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Flashpaq runs---Auto Tranny.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Flashpaq runs---Auto Tranny.

ok..here are my findings from my new Superchips flashpaq.

first...my vehicle:
08 JK
3.73 gears
automatic transmission
325/60/r20 KM2s
Forced Cold Air Snorkel
No front air dam
Dual tops

The Flashpaq is very easy to use, internet updatable, and has a large screen which is even backlit (very helpful last night around dusk)
After programming in my tire size, I chose the 93 octane settings. I looked for TPMS settings and adjutable shift points, but couldnt locate them.

I wasnt expecting a massive change in power, but was pleasantly surprised.
Nothing raceworthy (duh.....JK), but a definite change in the responsiveness of the throttle. I can feel a much more instant pull when I work the skinny.

After driving all morning, city and highway (including my timed "gunning it" runs), I am getting 17.8 mpg.

Other findings are:
0-60=9.14sec.
1/4 mile= 18.03 sec.

My speedometer is accurate now (tested by radar), and the MPG computer is closer to the real thing.

I think that this is just what I needed to bring everything together. I am looking forward to reprogramming with my high flow exhaust and 5.13s. I am fairly positive I will be pleased with this combination and the results.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do you feel it was enough gain to justify the cost?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:12 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by piaa_nissan
Do you feel it was enough gain to justify the cost?
I do feel that between the gains, the ability to fix the speedo/odo by programming my tire size, and the fact that I can program for my new gears when I get them, that it is definitely worth the $$.

Even more so when I can adjust TPMS and shift points.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:28 AM
JK Junkie

How long does it take to program? and do you ahve to pull fuses and cross your fingers?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bly109
How long does it take to program? and do you ahve to pull fuses and cross your fingers?
around 6 minutes...no fuses...just plug in, turn ignition on, follow menu, turn off, then back on. the longest thing is letting it record your stock settings, in case you need them later.

Last edited by AlmightyCrash; 04-09-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:35 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
around 6 minutes...no fuses...just plug in, turn ignition on, follow menu, turn off, then back on. the longest thing is letting it record your stock settings, in cas you need them later.
Thanks, I think I'll be ordering one of these soon.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:38 AM
JK Junkie

Low 9s was what I recorded on my 6 speed as well despite missing the 1-2 shift and hitting the rev limiter. That's certainly not race car speed, but it makes for an improvement in drivability.

Is it worth the cash, don't know because everyone is different in respects of how hard they want to squeeze a nickel and the value they put on performance from their vehicle.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

I was reading the setup doc and it appears only the wot shift points can be raised / lowered +/- by 100 to 500+/- and the rev limiter has to be raised to match if you increase. You can also set the shift 'hardness' by 25% from 0 to 100%. I had hoped you could set optimal shift points for non WOT accelleration but did not see that as an option.

Anyone read anything or experience anything differing.

RB
Old 04-09-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Junkie

If you hit your rev limit before you hit your shift point it would never switch gears. As far as the shift firmness, it seems as if that feature is yet to be available or at least unconfirmed by Crash.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash

Other findings are:
0-60=9.14sec.
1/4 mile= 18.03 sec.

Just curious, Do you know what your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times were before the programmer?

Quick Reply: Superchips Flashpaq runs---Auto Tranny.