Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Flashpaq 3872

Old 06-24-2014, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Superchips Flashpaq 3872

We have one on order for a 2010 JK Sport (2 dr). Stock. Mostly so we can drudge a few extra horses out of the engine (3.8L auto). I do plan on lifting it once we get the JKU next year (and the 2 dr becomes MINE!!!)... but nothing too crazy. I'm not very all so no 35s for me! LOL!

As a total newb to this sorta thing, I'm looking for opinions/reviews about this product. I read a lot of good things at various websites, but I like to go right to the source. So, good or bad, I'm curious about y'alls thoughts on this product.

Also, to D/L updates for it, I assume it needs to be physically connected to a PC? As in, it won't just grab a wifi signal in the house? We have a Mac, and I realize there are compatibility issues.

Sorry if this is a redundant thread, but I went back 10 pages... and I didn't wanna hijack someone else's thread. I haven't hung around these parts in several years, so I'm a bit rusty on forum etiquette.

Thanks!
Shell
Old 06-24-2014, 09:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to update it when you get it because they just recently published some, and you need a PC to do the updates. It is not Mac compatible. If you have a Windows emulator, like Parallels, well then maybe but I've not tried it.

One other thing, I've seen folks complain ocassionally about the Flashpaq bricking their ECU. Keep in mind that this device is basically reprograming the control chip in the ECU. And it takes awhile to do it. So if you lack patience, get some and don't shortcut the steps or disconnect the unit from your jeep till it tells you to. Follow the instructions and it should work fine.

I've used mine several times on my JK and it has worked flawlessly. Descriptions of the features are pretty slim tho and I would have liked more tunability, but thats more of a nit.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:30 PM
JK Freak

Iv got a 2010 jku and i put a flashpaq myself. (Also a magnaflow exhaust). I ran it on 87 octane gas saver mode for quite a while and from stock it gave me approximately 1.8mpg on average. Iv recently switched to running 91 octane and the 91 performance tune and it was a pleasant surprise. It is a small positive gain but definitely noticeable and well worth the cost of the flashpaq.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:32 PM
JK Freak

Sorry that may have been confusing. When speaking of the 91 performance tune it was in reference to power/performance, not mpg.

Quick Reply: Superchips Flashpaq 3872