Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Flashpaq for 2010 JK 6-SP - Questions about 87 Tune

Old 06-04-2010, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Flashpaq for 2010 JK 6-SP - Questions about 87 Tune

Should have my 3875 today or Monday!!!

Have a totally stock (ok, does have a drop in filter, probably don't need to figure that into the tuning, right?) 2010 Sport 6-sp with 17 inch tires (23S package) and trac-loc

I went to their website to see if they had the instructions for tuning via a PDF file, to get a head start, couldn't find it.

I want to go with the 87 Octane tune, looking for pure performance gains without having to up my octane level...do you go to Advance Tune for this? Or is there option in the menu for 87 tune?

Is there anything in Advance I also want to choose and tune for performance gains?

Are the instructions/setup pretty easy, straight forward, and complete

Oh, FWIW, I do know right out of the box, I'll need to update the 3875 via the internet. And, check after tuning is complete for lurching and pinging.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-04-2010, 12:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can quick tune, or advance. advance will let you mess with the speedo and such as well.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default Superchips Came Today!!!

Ordered it last Saturday, Thank you Mr. Retailer for your great price and fast shipping during a Holiday Week!

1) Took it out of the box, registered on SuperChips web site, and downloaded their installer

2) Updated my 3875...took some time, no problem, no rush, enjoyed a cold beer

3)Added their free Data Logging App

4)Plugged it into My JEEP

5)Followed the easy instructions, saved stock tune, downloaded 87 Tune, enjoyed dash light show and gauge dance

6)Operator error!!! It was 88 degrees in my garage, shut myself in the JEEP without a cold beer while tuning was in progress

7) Heaven!!! Install Complete!!!

8)Cleaned my Pro Dry Performance Drop-In Filter and Airbox...slight dust storm when opening the box

9)Performance Gains and surging/pinging issues: TBD...will take her out tomorrow (albeit probably in a thunderstorm) and see what the Butt dyno feels

Want to Thank SuperChips for a easy to use, upgradeable performance product.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

Im happy your experience went well with the flashpaq! I ordered mine over a week ago and still can not use it. My rig has a calibration that they have never seen before so they need to write all new software for it. no more than 5 days to have it ready has turned into 10+ now. but hey i kinda like my $300 paper weight!!

but in any case let us know how yours runs with it! its hard to come by people with a 6sp that have reviewd it with much more that "it drives better" lol
Old 06-04-2010, 07:13 PM
JK Freak

or your jeep could ping like crazy after the 87 tune reguardless of the octane and you have a 300 dollar paper weight too...
Old 06-04-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gijeep
or your jeep could ping like crazy after the 87 tune reguardless of the octane and you have a 300 dollar paper weight too...
I have been running the 87 octane tune for like 3 months now. Never had a problem with it. Why would it ping?
Old 06-04-2010, 07:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ejyjk
I have been running the 87 octane tune for like 3 months now. Never had a problem with it. Why would it ping?
Advances the timing too much and causes detonation. Mine is 100% cured with 89 octane on the 87 tune however
Old 06-04-2010, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Advances the timing too much and causes detonation. Mine is 100% cured with 89 octane on the 87 tune however
So did you have pinging yourself? Will the tow tune while using 87 octane cure it?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ejyjk
So did you have pinging yourself? Will the tow tune while using 87 octane cure it?
Yes mine pings every time I have 87 in the tank and the 87 tune. The tow tune requires 91+ octane, so 87 would promote pinging...
Old 06-04-2010, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Yes mine pings every time I have 87 in the tank and the 87 tune. The tow tune requires 91+ octane, so 87 would promote pinging...
Hmm thats odd that the pinging happens. If you take it back to stock does the pinging go away? I think I'm going to stick to my 87 tune for now. Its been good to me so far.

Quick Reply: Superchips Flashpaq for 2010 JK 6-SP - Questions about 87 Tune