Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Should Superchips add an option to disable Overdrive?
Yes, we want to disable it.
33.90%
No, I Love Overdrive!!!!
66.10%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Superchips disables O/D on Auto Trans. JK's!!!!

Old 12-31-2010, 08:49 PM
cfr
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
Great idea, talked to the engineers and is looks doable, we will start testing the theory while working on the 2010 JK files. Shouldn't be more than a few weeks to determine if it is a go or not. I will update as I hear more.
What I want is an option to set the "O/D Default at Startup: <on/off>". I suggested this a while ago in the Superchips Wishlist thread,

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=1#post1975778
Old 12-31-2010, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snopro269
Anyone who has to run with OD off running on the freeway should seriously consider regearing. In any and all performance aspects. There is a reason why it is there or the manufacture wouldn't have it on the vechicle. Food for Thought!!!
Not really... I am fine at sea level and around there, but I only need it through the mountains. Not worth the thousands of dollars for regearing in my opinion.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

i like the idea of having it set to off as a default then push the button to to turn it on if ever needed
Old 12-31-2010, 10:16 PM
JK Junkie

This is somewhat a moot point with being able to adjust your shift schedule with the trans options.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:46 PM
cfr
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JPop
This is somewhat a moot point with being able to adjust your shift schedule with the trans options.
Please elaborate.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:11 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

This isn't like ESP Disable, where you have to go through 50 step song and dance to disable it. You just push a freaking button and it's off!! I'd rather have the folks at Superchips putting there time and effort into functions and options that actually matter...
Old 01-01-2011, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think that this is a good idea if superchips had this option. If you don't want or need to turn off the OD, then leave it alone if it has the feature. It isn't a big deal either way as long as Superchips don't have to change a ton of things to add this.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by FrankTheTank

Not really... I am fine at sea level and around there, but I only need it through the mountains. Not worth the thousands of dollars for regearing in my opinion.
Thousands of dollars ?!? $525 for complete gearset with install set at Northridge . Last I looked at least!! If labor cost to install it thousands more count me in!! I'm in the wrong profession!!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by cfr
Please elaborate.
A Flashpaq with the transmission option package will allow you to adjust your shift points and you can adjust 3rd to 4th/OD shift point high enough that you can land in OD at an appropriate rpm. This could be a shift point high enough that OD was essentially off.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snopro269
Thousands of dollars ?!? $525 for complete gearset with install set at Northridge . Last I looked at least!! If labor cost to install it thousands more count me in!! I'm in the wrong profession!!
It would be around $2,000 where I live - plus our awesome 12% sales tax. In Canada we pay a lot more for the same exact stuff. Suspensions, tires, wheels, you name it. Most shops here have never installed anything aftermarket on a jeep before, so you'll get a mechanic who's not proficient with jeeps who will take twice as long as an experienced one and then charge you twice as much because it took him so damn long. You are basically paying by the hour for someone to troubleshoot on your jeep. It's total bullshit. I would love to live somewhere where there are countless 4x4 shops that you can bring a part in to, and they'll say "yes we've installed those many times, and we know exactly how to do it right."

Quick Reply: Superchips disables O/D on Auto Trans. JK's!!!!