Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Database Error

Old 06-27-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

So I decided to give it another shot today, but still having the same problem.

As a person who writes software and works with technology for a living, I wish they would have built in some additional functionality into the software and the device itself. There should be some kind of "reset" switch on the handheld. It's frustrating that I can't get past the error and start over from scratch because I think I know what I did wrong initially. The constant error state its in right now is a catastrophic and un-recoverable error, and that should never happen with technology.

The other option would be to enhance the update software so that you can revert to previous versions and install patches as you see fit. They should incorporate some kind of "reboot" feature that allows you to start from scratch or at least clear out error messages or document them so you can do a little analysis on your own.

Right now my only solution is to call Superchips tomorrow and have them do some kind of magic behind the curtain. This is not an ideal way to operate, and is probably a fairly expensive and inefficient business model. Consumers are becoming more and more tech savvy and should be trusted to solve their own problems instead of having to hold their hand.

Sorry for a bit of a rant, but I was really looking forward to spending the weekend playing around with this thing, but now I have to wait and play the "call customer service" game.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

My Flashpaq did the same exact thing. Whenever I connected it to the Jeep, and whenever I tried to update. However.. mine corrected itself with an update.

Make sure you already have the Flashpaq software loaded BEFORE you connect your flashpaq to your PC. As soon as it connected, it was recognized, and started updating before the database error showed up.

Whenever I connected the FLashpaq prior to the software being loaded up, it would give me the database error.

I dunno man.. the flashpaq software is kinda funky and crabby. Good luck
Old 06-27-2010, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

I updated mine two days in a row from my pc and it still got errors, I took it to work and called support on Monday morn., updated it from my work pc and havn't had any problems since.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drgreybow
So I decided to give it another shot today, but still having the same problem.

As a person who writes software and works with technology for a living, I wish they would have built in some additional functionality into the software and the device itself. There should be some kind of "reset" switch on the handheld. It's frustrating that I can't get past the error and start over from scratch because I think I know what I did wrong initially. The constant error state its in right now is a catastrophic and un-recoverable error, and that should never happen with technology.

The other option would be to enhance the update software so that you can revert to previous versions and install patches as you see fit. They should incorporate some kind of "reboot" feature that allows you to start from scratch or at least clear out error messages or document them so you can do a little analysis on your own.

Right now my only solution is to call Superchips tomorrow and have them do some kind of magic behind the curtain. This is not an ideal way to operate, and is probably a fairly expensive and inefficient business model. Consumers are becoming more and more tech savvy and should be trusted to solve their own problems instead of having to hold their hand.

Sorry for a bit of a rant, but I was really looking forward to spending the weekend playing around with this thing, but now I have to wait and play the "call customer service" game.
I happened to do the same thing, it just needs to be updated thats all. Try updating it a few times on the computer. When I talked to their customer service that is what they told me, and mine works fine now.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Just for an update, I was able to call Superchips and they set up what they called a "One Shot" download for my specific Flashpaq. I'm assuming it simply reset the Flashpaq so it was able to start over from scratch. Luckily this fixed it and I was able to get all the way through the tune process.

Thanks to Superchips for being so quick to respond and get me up and running. So far the tune has the jeep feeling a little more peppy and solid through all the gears. I still need to get it out on the highway to see how quick it gets up to speed, but so far so good!

The moral of the story here, is make sure you turn the key all the way to "ON" which is just short of starting the Jeep, instead of the first click of the key which is apparently not considered the "ON" position. Hopefully Superchips will be able to add some sort of user initiated reset functionality in the future.

Quick Reply: Superchips Database Error