Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Database Error

Old 06-26-2010, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Database Error

Just bought a Superchips Flashpaq, and I'm getting the General Database 3 error (G-6F). I have a feeling its due to the fact that I didn't turn the key all the way to the "on" position. I think I had just turned it to the first notch. Now every time I plug it in, it just goes straight to the same error message I mentioned. I think it would work if I could just reset it and try it all over again, but I don't know how to do this.

Does anybody know if I can just reset the flashpaq or force it to re-download all the updates?

I really don't want to wait all weekend to get a call back from support. I know other people have run into this. HELP!
Old 06-26-2010, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

I got the same error code and it was because I did not turn my key far enough. I just unpluged my flashpac once I had the key off. I then did a test to see how far i needed to turn the key to just have it in the on postion. I then tried the process over again with the flashpac and it worked as advertised. I've had mine a little over amonth now. Good Luck

Last edited by Retired19K40; 06-26-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Retired19K40
I got the same error code and it was because I did not turn my key far enough. I just unpluged my flashpac once I had the key off. I then did a test to see how far i needed to turn the key to just have it in the on postion. I then tried the process over again with the flashpac and it worked as advertised. I've had mine a little over amonth now. Good Luck
Thanks, but the error on mine comes on as soon as I plug it in now. The first time I plugged it in, it seemed like it was going to work (displayed the proper screens) then I got the error.

Now it seems to be stuck on the error so that every time I plug it in, the same error comes up straight away. Any other thoughts?
Old 06-26-2010, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

I would try to update the flahpac on your pc again and then repeat the process with your jeep. Goodluck!

Last edited by Retired19K40; 06-26-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:52 PM
JK Junkie

If the install doesn't go right with turning the key to the on position, I'd try to pull another update, perhaps using a different computer, then reinstalling again. If that doesn't work, hit them up early Monday morning. I think they start at 8am EST and will probably be able to get you an update by days end.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPop
If the install doesn't go right with turning the key to the on position, I'd try to pull another update, perhaps using a different computer, then reinstalling again. If that doesn't work, hit them up early Monday morning. I think they start at 8am EST and will probably be able to get you an update by days end.
Looks like I have to wait until Monday. I've tried every combination of turning the key. I've also tried to get it to install updates, but every time I plug it back in, it says the same error right away. I like the idea of using a different computer, but I only have two computers, and one is a Mac. So that's not an option.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:35 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by drgreybow
Looks like I have to wait until Monday. I've tried every combination of turning the key. I've also tried to get it to install updates, but every time I plug it back in, it says the same error right away. I like the idea of using a different computer, but I only have two computers, and one is a Mac. So that's not an option.
I had something similar happen to me and it was a bad download. The PC thing isn't ducky for me either as my life is surrounded by a ton of Macs. I have VMware Fusion on a couple of them, but if I never had to launch Windows again I'd be a whole lot happier. Anyway, SC got me straightened out pretty quickly and I always go through there phone system and get hooked up with Ron Rapp. He is definitely the man!

Last edited by JPop; 06-26-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

I had the same problem! I had to hook the superchip to my cpu twice! It would read the error but I left it hooked up and it fixed it self! Try it again and use the short cut on your desktop to run the program!
Old 06-27-2010, 01:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I feel much better now knowing I wasnt the only one to have done the key not all the way on thing. Wife had a good ole time making fun of me for that one.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Hmm, that's weird that it won't work at all now. I screwed up the same way (glad to know I wasn't the only one ) by not turning the key all the way over. I called tech support and got right through it the next day, though. One thing the guy told me was to make sure all accessories (cell phone charger, GPS, etc) were unplugged as well. So if you have anything extra plugged in that might be giving you issues as well. Good luck. Hope you get it worked out soon.

Quick Reply: Superchips Database Error