Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Crawling Tune

Old 01-28-2010, 02:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Crawling Tune

I don't rock crawl or wheel in environments where I need ultra slow manouvres too often, so haven't been able to justify playing with this feature.

Does anyone use it & what else is it good for?

Is there a big difference to the stock 4L?
Old 01-28-2010, 05:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a manual i did not like using it, wanted to stall without gas too much. Where it'd just crawl working the clutch before.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a superchips...I don't know what you mean you can't afford it. If you have the programmer it is a free down load. I believe what is does is make the pedal less touchy. You have to push the pedal down farther to get the same amount of gas that way the vehicle does not surge and it is a better controlled crawl for an auto. From what superchips say it is supposed to generate more low end torque but I doubt it.

Don't buy superchips just for the crawl tune. If you have bugger tires this is a must have. I'am very happy with mine and it saved me money on gears.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I tried it. Didnt like it at all. Cant see how this tune would be beneficial.

Quick Reply: Superchips Crawling Tune