Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips and CAI...will they work together?

Old 03-14-2012, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips and CAI...will they work together?

So I called Superchips today and asked if I could use their product in conjuntion with a CAI. They told me NO... Anybody doing this and have real word answers? I have a 2010, BTW. If you are using the two together, what brand CAI are you using and has it thrown any codes? Thanks.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

I'm running an aFe CAI with my Superchips tuner and have had zero issues. I asked them if there was a special setting to take advantage of the CAI and was told no, but it will work with it fine. I really don't think the CAI is changing anything enough for the engine to notice much. It looks nice and sounds even better, but very little change to engine performance. Just a little cooler air traveling through the TB, at least in concept.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I would try it and see how it does. The main concern is leaning out an already lean tune. Plenty have run a Cai with Superchips with zero issues
Old 03-14-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

08 JK +*AEM CAI + superchips = no codes

Quick Reply: Superchips and CAI...will they work together?