Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Adavanced Transmission Tuning Schedule

Old 07-28-2013, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need shift schedule

I have an '08 Wrangler with the same specs. Looking to start tweaking the transmission shift points as well. Any chance you still have a copy of the one sent to you. Much appreciated if you do. Paul
Old 07-29-2013, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 89 Yellow Jacket
I have an '08 Wrangler with the same specs. Looking to start tweaking the transmission shift points as well. Any chance you still have a copy of the one sent to you. Much appreciated if you do. Paul
Here's my current shift schedule (08 Rubi 2dr Auto): http://goo.gl/ShSfWS

It's updated with centralized Graphs and an RPM table.

Seems to shift and hold the gears better when climbing steep grades at 7,000-10,000 ft altitude (89 Yellow Jacket ... you might want a different shift schedule focus in Georgia).

For shift experts on the general forum, any feedback on the shift schedule for my vehicle would be appreciated.

Nick

Last edited by nickcoleman; 07-29-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Default New to transmission tuning

Anybody have a shift schedule for 35's with 5:13 gears? I have an 08 JK Unlimited with 35" MTR's.

I'm very green at this! thanks for the help!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

I just got my rig and have never messed around witht the SC Trail Dash. Do I have to connect it to my laptop or can it this be changed while in the Jeep? Got some lag in 3rd and 4th and have to get into the pedal when going up a hill on the hwy. Running 37's with 5.13's in a '08 X 2dr

Thanks,
rock
Old 04-25-2014, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

Default Multi-Programmers

Morning all,

I have not used my Superchip in a while. I have an 08 with 5:13 - running 37" with the RIPP S/C, under the control of the diablo Trinity. I have in the past had JPop help me with a shift schedule (thanks J). What I am wonder (as the 42RLE) is a non-shift freindly tranny in opinion, either dead pedal feel or full rpm. Some of you know what I am talking about. My question is; can I install a superchips shift schedule and still run my diablo s/c program. This might sove the lazy tranny syndrome. I call it lazy because I recently took a 2013 jk auto for a test drive, what a huge difference that tranny made in my opinion. The shift points (up and down) seemed way more timely and sensitive. If I did not have so much invested into this I would sell it and build an 12 or up. Not necessarily for the 3.6 (which did work well) but more for the transmission. I am also going to do some research and see how difficult it would be to install a manual 6 speed into my horse. At least then when I want the darn thing to shift down, I can.

Cheers
Old 04-25-2014, 11:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Runamuk
Morning all,

I have not used my Superchip in a while. I have an 08 with 5:13 - running 37" with the RIPP S/C, under the control of the diablo Trinity. I have in the past had JPop help me with a shift schedule (thanks J). What I am wonder (as the 42RLE) is a non-shift freindly tranny in opinion, either dead pedal feel or full rpm. Some of you know what I am talking about. My question is; can I install a superchips shift schedule and still run my diablo s/c program. This might sove the lazy tranny syndrome. I call it lazy because I recently took a 2013 jk auto for a test drive, what a huge difference that tranny made in my opinion. The shift points (up and down) seemed way more timely and sensitive. If I did not have so much invested into this I would sell it and build an 12 or up. Not necessarily for the 3.6 (which did work well) but more for the transmission. I am also going to do some research and see how difficult it would be to install a manual 6 speed into my horse. At least then when I want the darn thing to shift down, I can.

Cheers
I hear ya. There is a great little handle sticking out of the center console. When ya pull it back into 2 or 1 the tranny will shift down whenever ya want. (Sorry, just a little tongue-in-cheek there.) Much cheaper than changing to the 6-speed and its already there. I don't use the shift lever much for average pavement driving, but I use it on the highway for steep descents. On the trail the 42RLE doesn't want to shift down automatically. It will try to climb the steepest pitches in 2nd gear. Pulling it down into 1 does the trick every time.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Post Need shift schedule

I have a 07 JKU with 3.5" lift 37" tires and 5.13 gears. I have purchased the Superchips Advanced Transmission Tuning option and am getting ready to start tinkering with it. Any advice? I live in the Pacific Northwest Tacoma area and drive down to the Oregon coast at least once a month to play in the sand with my Jeep. I cant stand how long it takes for it to shift down out of OD and how quick it shifts up to OD. It seems like it is always hunting for the right gear. Any help would be appreciated. I have read several threads and seen other peoples shift schedules but none with the gear and tire combo I am running. I have also tried to down load some of the blank temples on here but I don't have a I-cloud account.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Hello Everybody,

I wanted to know any updates on the shift schedule, experiences, advice or any thing that anyone has experience.

Thanks.

2010 Rubicon, heavy (steel bumpers, winch, metal armor, hard top). 35" actual size 33.75"
Old 02-16-2016, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tuto
Hello Everybody,

I wanted to know any updates on the shift schedule, experiences, advice or any thing that anyone has experience.

Thanks.

2010 Rubicon, heavy (steel bumpers, winch, metal armor, hard top). 35" actual size 33.75"
If I can find my schedule, I'll pass it along.
You have mail.

Quick Reply: Superchips Adavanced Transmission Tuning Schedule