Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips Adavanced Transmission Tuning Schedule

Old 02-06-2012, 06:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Superchips Adavanced Transmission Tuning Schedule

I know there have been a lot of requests for a sample shift schedule for the Wrangler with auoto tranny. I finally got around to downloading my software addition and messed with it this weekend. What a product. I was close to getting possibly upgrading to a 2012 becasue my transmission drives me absolutely nuts. So far, this product has easily changed my mind. What a world of difference. I was mainly just doing it for the better road manners and those annoying early upshifts. It worked like a charm. This is what I came up with but try it for yourself and see what you think. I am sure it can use a little tweaking but might give some of you a good starting point. Good luck with it. Its well worth the $40 and the few hours I spent with it.

2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X
3.8 L Auto
K+N CAI and MBRP Exhaust
Version 4 02/05/12

Sorry, I could not seem to get it to download in a workable format, I will try to post it tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

Look forward to it thanks!
Old 02-07-2012, 04:30 AM
JK Junkie

I have a manual JK but I have used the advanced trans options on my Dodge Ram.

Not that this is applicable here, but I took the starter spreadsheet I had, printed to a pdf then converted to a jpg. Uploaded it to my flickr account and placed the image here. Ideally someone would host a location where the spreadsheets were available and then this could get wheels on it for exchanging data.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Good info. I am planning on trying mine out soon and doing a review. Looking forward to see what adjustments you made on yours
Old 02-07-2012, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

Default Advanced Transmission Tuning Schedule Upload

Hopefully this will work. If you can't access this attachment, please let me know. Again, my main concern was overall road manners. I did not do much with wide open throttle stuff so not sure its spot on for those kind of manuevers. Either way, it should give people a starting point to work from.

Thanks to all of you for your help of the last several years. This forum rocks!
Attached Files
Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by d70stang
Hopefully this will work. If you can't access this attachment, please let me know. Again, my main concern was overall road manners. I did not do much with wide open throttle stuff so not sure its spot on for those kind of manuevers. Either way, it should give people a starting point to work from.

No attachment.....
Old 02-07-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by d70stang

I got the attachment and it's a good place to start. It would probably be helpful to know what size tires your running, as well as what kind of weight your pushing (ie armor and bumpers). Then a little background info on what the results you had at these settings and how you ended up there.

On my Dodge Ram, I would try different peoples shift schedules and find that some were over the top for me. When I found someone who was pretty close to what I was comfortable with I made some minor tweaking.

Anyway, I think it's great that this is finally underway with some exchanges and certainly there are an awful lot of people who can find benefit.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome, I have been waiting for more info on this ever since I got my SC.
I am hoping to try it out soon.
Thanks for posting!!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

I just have factory 18 inch wheels/tires. No major additional weight, just a snow plow mount and some ballast in the back. I kind of figured it would just give people a starting point. I wasn't really looking to do a bunch of full bore blasts with it, just wanted to avoid some of those annoying shifts. My worry when I first added the software was where in the heck to even start from. I think I found somebody's (may have been yours JPop) from a Dodge product to at least get me started. Once I got a first run entered, it was really pretty easy to tweak it. I guess after all that I have taken from this forum in the past, it was the least I could do to give a little back. I will tell anyone who is annoyed by the 07-11 auto trans, this $40.00 upgrade is worth its weight in gold.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to keep tabs on this thread. I have purchased the option as well but yet to do the install. As previous posters mentioned, I just don't know where to start. I'm toying with moving into 35's on the stock 3.73 gearing and sounds like this could make things more tolerable until I can afford 5.13's.

Quick Reply: Superchips Adavanced Transmission Tuning Schedule