Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips with a 6 speed?

Old 03-05-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips with a 6 speed?

Is there a noticable gain in performance with a Flashpaq if you have a manual tranny and it can't adjust your shift points like it does in an automatic tranny?
Old 03-05-2011, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

I understand that part but doesn't it change the performance of the engine too?
Old 03-05-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by PAWrangler
Is there a noticable gain in performance with a Flashpaq if you have a manual tranny and it can't adjust your shift points like it does in an automatic tranny?

Yes. I got it for the 08 with 6 speed and have found it makes a noticeable difference. We are still experimenting with the different tunes but it is money well spent.

After looking at the used ones and having mental reservations about the used units, I purchased ours from Northridge 4x4, they were very responsive and great to deal with.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well worth it IMHO, Gets rid of the throttle delay for one and it helps wake up the 3.8L.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

How much did you end up getting it for? Just bought some 35x12.5 so I know I need some more power. The wife is going to kill me at the rate I'm spending money
Old 03-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a bunch of threads on the forum regarding auto vs. manual, so definitely check them out. The general consensus seems to be that more gains are apparent in the auto, but having run the Flashpaq with my 6-speed, I do notice some gains in the manual. There is a slightly quicker throttle response, as well as a negligible mpg gain (.5mpg's or so).

If I had to do it all over again, I might install the Sprint Booster instead, but just my .02.

Good luck.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by deckhand100
How much did you end up getting it for? Just bought some 35x12.5 so I know I need some more power. The wife is going to kill me at the rate I'm spending money
Contact Northridge 4x4 it will be worth your time they are great to deal with and are a sponsor of this site.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by PAWrangler
You can adjust your shift point, just with the clutch, not the tuner.

For me, I bought it for tires and gears, but I like the 87 octane tune, and I *think* I like the crawling tune. It really helps take some of the jerkiness out of the throttle response in 4-lo.

Quick Reply: Superchips with a 6 speed?