Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Superchips 3875 UNLOCKED?

Old 11-30-2014, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips 3875 UNLOCKED?

Hey guys...been finding some conflicting info about Unlocked Superchips on some older threads

i've never really been interested in a programmer other than my AEV ProCal, but started reading about the Superchips "experience"
Found a guy selling a used one on eBay. Claims to be Unlocked. He has pics of the screen showing Tuner Status as 'Unused,' and the Vehicle ID as 'Unused.' The Tuner has in fact been used, but he traded in the Jeep...

Anyway, i won the auction for $175. Want to make sure I'll be able to pair this with my rig before I submit my payment.

here's a link to the auction: Superchips 3875 Unlocked

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-30-2014, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

It looks legit. As long as it's actually unlocked, it should function the same as a new unit. He probably returned his Jeep to stock before he traded it in, thus unlocking the programmer.

If you're super worried, pay with PayPal and if it's not actually unlocked, then file a dispute. He has 579 positive reviews though, so I doubt he would risk that just to make less than $200.

I'd say go for it.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShadowBlade72
It looks legit. As long as it's actually unlocked, it should function the same as a new unit. He probably returned his Jeep to stock before he traded it in, thus unlocking the programmer.

If you're super worried, pay with PayPal and if it's not actually unlocked, then file a dispute. He has 579 positive reviews though, so I doubt he would risk that just to make less than $200.

I'd say go for it.
Thanks!
it seems legit to me too. Don't think this guys would intentionally try and screw me. It's just that programmers are new to me, and I like to be certain before handing over the cash...Also, i tend to run across a good number of Jeep owners and the only thing they know is that 'big tires are cool.' Figured I'd throw it to the forums to get some valid opinions...

Quick Reply: Superchips 3875 UNLOCKED?